CA Orange County Anabella Hotel Disneyland

cindy12
By cindy12,
in

:) We stayed at the Anabelle and I wished I had listened to the previous emailers. The room was very small and they said that they did not have a room available with two beds. The room "felt" unclean. On the second day, the maid did not remove a couple of dirty glasses. After we got home, found out that my brother called on our first night and left a voice mail. The light was never on in our room to indicate we had a message. This definitely should be listed as a 2* star hotel for Priceline. This was our first experience with Priceline and I don't know if I will use it again. The low price of the hotel was not worth being uncomfortable in a small, stuffy room for 4 nights.

The Anabella hotel is listed as a 3* in Priceline but is more like a 2*. The rooms are very small and the bathrooms were not designed for the most effective use of space. The rooms have a stuffy smell, the air conditioners are loud and it just does not give you the impression of a nice, clean hotel like a 3* or 4* should. We asked for a room with 2 beds and told they did not have any available. From the looks in the parking lot, I would say this was true for the first night but for the next 3 nights it did not look sold out. I think the clerk could have worked a little harder for us to see if we could have switched the rooms starting on the 2nd night. Plus, my brother left a voice mail message for us on the 1st night and we never received it. Needless to say, we would not stay here again.

• 5 years later...

As stated, the rooms are small, especially for the supposed 3.5 star rating. I guess since I booked through Hotwire and was only staying one night, I was cast into the red-headed-stepchild room area... All the way in the back corner (San Rafael building) on the third floor. The third floor - walk up, no elevator! The beds are less than comfy... I was under the impression that I was getting 2 queens, but I got 2 Doubles instead. But considering the small size of the room, two Queens would never fit! The beds themselves weren't very comfy either - both of them wobbled and jiggled as though they were made of gelatine! Then add in rock-hard pillows... I wasn't terribly impressed.

The air conditioner IS loud, and the lowest fan setting (we just wanted to circulate air in the musty-smelling place) was what I would consider High on a regular blower. Further, there are no curtains or shades over the windows - just shutters. Which we noticed can be easily seen through if you look between the gaps. We taped a sheet up over our window.

The bathroom area had obviously been remodeled, with such niceties as granite tile and counters, and a seperate magnifying makeup mirror attached to the wall. There was also a small hairdryer and coffee maker (else it's 10 bucks plus $3.50 delivery Plus 16% gratuity for room service to bring you a pot. Order some $4 toast and jam to go with it while you are at it!)(No, I'm not dumb enough to order room service - I just loved laughing at the exorbitant rate!). The showerhead is really high and feels great - delightful as both my girl and I are over 6ft.

Another nicety was having an amazing view of the Sun Wheel (don't remember what they call it now) and California Screamin' roller coaster in California Adventure with their pretty light shows, and the park's nightly fireworks beyond that, right from our doorway and balcony!

So, as a place to "Flop, Shower, and Shave" (as my father would say), it wasn't bad. And for the $50 price tag I paid, it sure as heck beat staying at a Motel 6 or such. So while it didn't feel like the Disney-owned property it is, nor does it really deserve the 3.5 star rating (I guess they get it because it's walking distance from the park, they give you shampoo and coffee, and the maids make fans out of EVERYTHING that can be folded in the bathroom), I can't really complain.

If you are passing through and just need a place to flop, or you want a place that's cheap but close enough to Walk to Disneyland, the Anabella isn't bad. Just don't expect too much.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]