Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Wacker Dr) Westin River North

lindabobhat
By lindabobhat,
in

I'm looking for this Saturday, 4/30. Hotel comes up at $62. I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be the new Renaissance O'Hare. Another post on the Priceline section here says that this came up as a 3* but the user felt like it was more like a 4* property. I know 3.5* hotels need certain amenities just to get that rating, so I'm thinking this hotel is so new that they might not have listed any yet. We were really looking to stay downtown (NMA or River North) this Saturday, but there are just no deals! The Renaissance would be a great alternative since it's very short walking distance to the Cumberland El station.

Yes, I did a search on Easy Click Travel a few minutes ago - didn't see anything too intriguing in the O'Hare area. And the better rated downtown "opaque" properties were all over $150, which is more than I want to spend. I played around a little on Priceline tonight, too - went up to $80 for 4 stars for NMA and added all my free bid zones in the process - even added River North on my last bid no takers (which didn't surprise me.) Might try Priceline again for 3* in the city or 4* for O'Hare area - but I admit that it's not my strong suit. Sometimes I read bidding strategies and my head just spins....seem to have better luck with HOTWIRE.

The Westin Chicago River North

"Customer Favorite"

Amenities: Restaurant(s)/Fitness Center/Business Center

1 room/1 Night (4/30) - $118 per room; total with taxes/fees $140.95

(already have my $30 Hotwire/Entertainment rebate form ready to send out, bringing my total down to $110.95!)

Best rate on Westin.com was $199.

I was very excited to find this rate - been trying for days to get something downtown in the $100 range and had struck out on Priceline going all the way down to 2.5*. When I first saw this I assumed it was the Hyatt Regency and wasn't thrilled, but since it was right in the ballpark and just for one night, I figured I could live with it. Was really pleased when I saw the Westin logo pop-up on the screen after my purchase! So it appears that the Westin and the Hyatt Regency are identical on Hotwire now - thought that would be especially interesting to the other users on this board.

BY the way, I used the link you provided in a previous post - please confirm that it worked as I changed over to the special Entertainment deal URL once I got to the main page.

Thanks for the follow-up... i think the big news here is that the Westin has been downgraded from a 4.5* to a 4* (which is why it now looks like the Hyatt). Thanks for letting all of us know, i have made the changes to our hotel lists.

Thanks for using the links provided.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I thought the downgrade was significant as well (but refrained from using that exact word in my post as to not diminish the value of my purchase - lol!)

Thanks for consolidating my posts into one topic - wasn't quite sure if I should continue with the old one or not - next time I'll know what to do. Glad that the link worked, too - it's the least I can do to support Better Bidding! Thanks again for this terrific site and all the personal assistance - it's very much appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]