Priceline Hotel: 3* Asheville Renaissance

philnjill96
By philnjill96,
in

Hey! Sounds like you got a counter-offer! For future reference, it usually takes about 50% of the counter-offer to get it. So, probably $7 would have done it! You got an excellant deal though - just may have saved a little bit more! :)

Nice hotel in a great location! I stayed their last fall! Check out Barley's Taproom! Great food! Loved the beefalo burger there!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

LglBlonde makes an excellent point about the counter-offer... you will almost always get accepted at the counter-offer price, so in the future, even if you were short on time (no opportunities to bid again or re-bid zones), match the counter-offer and don't bid above it.

You can read more about counter-offers in this thread: PRICELINE SUGGESTS PRICE TO PAY.

Obviously we're quibbling here over a few dollars, so not a big deal, but for future bids it could be more and we'd rather see that money in your own pocket! :)

All in all, a fantastic deal... thank you for sharing it with the board.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, I figured I might have gotten it a little cheeaper, but it was last-minute so I just put it in there knowing I was still less than 50% of the real price...

Was a ver nice hotel, although I was a little disappointed that they charged for their Internet access. I thought most of the larger hotels were making it complimentary. Not like I can complain about $9.95 when I STOLE the room from them!

Thanks for the advice though... Next time when I'm not procrastinating I'll try it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]