Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Renaissance Pac 55

jimbo
By jimbo,
in

I have bid up to $70 for USW using rebids with no success. We will be attending a conference at the Hilton and need 2-3 rooms. Are the other 4 star hotels in that region within walking distance? Does that area have any 3 star or strictly 4 star hotels? With a conference at the Hilton, is it possible the Hilton has no rooms on Priceline? Any suggestions on how high to bid?

I think you're close to getting accepted, but $70 is probably just not enough.

When are you eligible to re-bid? If you let us know your maximum bid we'll be happy to recommend a strategy to follow.

With the conference at the Hilton, there is a chance that the hotel does not offer any rooms to the opaque services... it all depends upon how big the conference is and how big the hotel is (as well as how busy they expect to be regardless of the conference).

When you selected 4* from the USW zone there were also other star levels offered (including 3*) so these star ratings are also possible in this zone.

PS- you do understand that you're not bidding for the Hilton and may get another hotel in the zone, correct?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes......I realize because of the conference I probably will NOT get the Hilton. I assume the area is not that large though, so walking half a mile sure beats paying $200 a night. I have used Priceline many times, so understand the bidding and the different hotel possibilities. Was hoping to find out if anyone knew how large an area USW is, and also if anyone knew if prices were generally higher in SF during the summer. Im guessing the 4 star on Hotwire is the hilton which is about $120, but I feel like can probably get closer to $80 on Priceline, even if I have to walk a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Used several rebids and ended us getting approved at $99 for Renaissance Parc 55. It appears to only be about 3-4 blocks from the Hilton, so Im happy since we saved aboout $100 a night for three nights and 2 rooms (so about $600). Started at around $65 and kept raising in increments of $5-6.

Your Offer Price: $99.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $594.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$100.32

Total Charges: $694.32

I believe it was $96. I had decided that I wasn't going any higher than $100 for now. Can they read minds?? I see Hotwire lists a 4 star at $104 now. Does anyone know for sure if that is the Hilton? I was offered a counter offer at $90 if I was willing to up my bid by $23. I rebid $96 and was rejected, no counteroffers. Used my final rebid option and bid $99 and was accepted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]