Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Marriott

smootchick
By smootchick,
in

After trying up to $70 for a 4* for 6/24 - 6/26, I waited for the no-bid period to expire and tried again with a 3*.

I started the bid at $40 and was rejected. I upped the bid to $50, used a free rebid and was accepted. I received the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown at this rate. Probably could have gotten it a little cheaper, but I knew there was a convention coming to town after the weekend so many hotels had their rates hiked in anticipation. I felt very lucky, especially with the lowest available rate at the Marriott being $159/night!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

A very nice deal indeed.

Just to be clear (in case you weren't aware) you don't have to wait 72 hours if you intend on lowering your star level. Once you were rejected the first time you could have bid again immediately if you wanted to lower your star level to 3 stars. If you had added re-bid zones you may have to close your browser and re-access priceline however you did previously in order to 'clear' the re-bid zones (as they can't be UNchecked). Just making sure you know for future bids... if there is a question feel free to ask.

Enjoy your stay and have an extra cheesesteak with some of your savings! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info; I waited because I had already bid up to $70 on the 4* and didn't want to pay that much for a 3*. So when I decided to go for the lower quality hotel I wanted to start over with the low bids and see what I could find.

I will continue to support and come back to BetterBidding- thanks so much!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]