By michellezz,
in

Your Offer Price: $57.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $114.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $24.49

Total Charges: $138.49

I had no luck trying 5/19-21, bidding up to $59 for both 3* and 2.5*, and $51 for 2*. same with 5/20-22 and 5/21-23.

Sunday to Monday was my last option, and being frustrated after all the bidding, I sorta made a mistake here: it was my first attempt at those dates, and I went straight to 2-stars for $57. Fortunately I got upgraded to a 3*. should have bid lower prices first, since I had plenty of time.

I only wanted secaucus, so didn't add any zones.

Price posted on Primesuites website was $119-139. Other 2.5* and 3* suite hotels in the zone had similar prices. The 3* crown plaza was offered on hotwire for $73+tax, I didn't like its location and the price was still too high for me.

There is a food court in the Mill Creek Mall which should have a chinese place... certainly fast if not necessarily the best you can do.

There is a Chinese restaurant on the opposite side of Route 3 from the hotel, looks like it's a converted hotel restaurant (you know the type where the restaurant sits in a hotel's parking lot)... i've never eaten there so can't say how good/bad it is.

If you remove the 'quick' from the equation, and your in-laws like 'native chinese food' (like they eat in China... not the "sweat and sour chicken" variety) there is a very good place about 10-15 minute drive away: China 46 which specializes in Shanghai style chinese food)

If you don't want to make the trip to China 46 i think you're best bet is to grab something in NYC.

You are also very close to a BIG cuban/puerto rican neighborhood... plenty of small places with fish, rice, beans, plantains, etc, etc... very good and very cheap; let me know if you're interested in that as well.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's a separate fare.

The A, C, and E line run directly under the Port Authority, but from the Port Authority there is an underground walkway which can take you to the Times Square Station. If the weather is nice i would walk above ground, if the weather is not nice i would take the passageway (assuming i needed one of the subway lines at the Times Square station).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]