Priceline Hotel: 3* Des Moines (Des Moines Area)

jburrows
By jburrows,
in

I will be going to Des Moines on April 29 for a one night stay. I bid 40 and was rejected. What do you feel is a resonable bid? I rebid with 45 and added zones to it except West Des Moines since that one has a 3* in it. I want to stay at one of the 2 hotels in the 3* Des Moines location.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Keep in mind there may be more hotels in this zone than are on our lists... this isn't the most frequently traveled part of the country and these are the only two thus far reported.

With little time to go, i think you have to start thinking about your best alternatives if priceline doesn't come thru for you. The RENAISSANCE is available for only $89/nite, while the EMBASSY SUITES is more than we've seen in the past (thus making priceline tougher)

Do you have any gameplan better than the above? When are you eligible to bid again?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With 2 re-bid zones i would bid as follows:

3* Des Moines

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

3* Des Moines and re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $67.

Once you start getting any higher, and include priceline's fee, i don't think the opaque options is worth it.

If the above fails i would just take the Renaissance directly thru the MARRIOTT.com website (please use this link to book if you should book direct)

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]