Priceline Hotel: Weekend Getaway to New Orleans

Smilenjack
By Smilenjack,
in

I live in Baton Rouge, La an would like to surprise my girlfriend with a weekend trip to New Orleans French Quater. I am planning on going June 17 and coming back on June 19, so it would be for 2 nights. I have never done the priceline thing and would like advice on how much to bid for a 3/4 star hotel in French Quater/Business District (Mainly walking distance to french quater). I am willing to pay about 85 dollars a night including taxes. Any help would be greatly thanked, Robert

Welcome to BetterBidding!

A few questions/details before we get started....

Please provide your maximum bid (ie- before fees and taxes) rather than your total cost.

Look at Priceline's map of the French Quarter... i assume you are willing to stay anywhere within the shaded region? Now look at the CBD (Central Business District)... are you willing to accept anywhere within that area?

Lastly, you'll need to understand re-bidding to follow whatever strategy we propose. Rebidding is explained here: RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED. You have 5 re-bids at the 4* level and 3 re-bids at the 3* level... see if you can figure them out and/or confirm them with the board; if not let us know and we'll walk thru it step-by-step so that you understand it better.

Let us know the answers to the above and if you have re-bidding understood... then we'll be in a better position to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]