Priceline Hotel: Booking Multiple Rooms for large groups

teraskins
By teraskins,
in

New to this. Planning a trip for a group of friends, we would need several rooms. With the plane tickets being so expensive we need all the help we can get. I have a couple questions.

Is priceline more/less likely to accept bids for multiple rooms (we would probably need around 5)? Is it a good idea to book multiple rooms through priceline?

We need rooms with 2 beds, is there any was I can make sure this happens?

What 4* hotels are included in the Vegas Strip South Vicinity?

Any advice on where to start the bidding? I was thinking around $70-$80, is that too high or low.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post the dates for the stay to start with so we can look at current rates for the groups stay.

We don't see many reports for five rooms but i'ts pretty "common" with 2-3 rooms. So it's worth a try if you ask me. Everything depends on the dates here.

We need rooms with 2 beds, is there any was I can make sure this happens?
You can't bid for two separate beds. PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy. After that it's at the discretion of the hotel. It's possible that you receive a room with only one bed and the hotel is unable, or unwilling, to switch you to a room with two beds (or can charge an additional fee to do so)
What 4* hotels are included in the Vegas Strip South Vicinity?
Use this link also take a look at the North zone since this can increase your chance to get the rooms.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

The dates are April 29th - May 1st. FYI, location wise I know we wanted to try to stay around the Bally's part of the strip.

I could try to call ahead of time after I book to see if they can do double beds right?

Is there a spot on Priceline where you can see all the recent Vegas bids that were accepted? I'm only seeing the general one that shows everything on the home page....

Thanks again.

You can call, but they may say no (as a result of policy and/or availability; hotels saying no to two beds in some major cities is not unusual) or require an upgrade charge (which will vary from hotel-to-hotel, based upon their rate structure) to do so. If you use HOTWIRE and search for four per room, you will be ensured of some sort of bedding (commonly 2 beds, but could be 1+sofa or other combination) for the entire party, but when you do search for four, prices do jump and there may be fewer options as a result of some hotels possibly only offering double occupancy on the service.

PRICELINE does show some recent wins, but rates are a case-by-case basis (can vary significantly from day-to-day) and as a result, looking at other recent wins on different dates to determine appropriate rates on your dates may not work (too much/too little.)

You can see the hotels in Vegas that have been reported to the board (there may be others not yet reported) at this link. In terms of PRICELINE and exact location, you have to be willing to say potentially anywhere within the shaded area of the zone/s you bid on.

How many people are in the party in total?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Not sure how many in the party yet. I've already contacted everyone, the plan is to set a date around 2 weeks from now for final in or out decision, then book accordingly the next day, if I were to guess I would say anywhere between 6-10 people, 8 would be my best guess.

Let us know once your plans (including number of rooms and head count) are finalized as rates can change between now and then, and hotels offered now may not be the ones available once you're ready to commit.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]