Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SOMA-Moscone Center) Westin Market Street

iginlafire
By iginlafire,
in

Trying to book four nights in one of USW/USE/SOMA-Moscone from Wed. Apr. 6th to Sun. Apr. 10th 2011 in the 4* category.

Used all the 4-star re-bid zones for 9 bids in total, starting at $76 and going up to $100 by the ninth bid. No luck.

So my question is this- should I just keep trying this strategy every few nights as the date approaches and hopefully one of the hotels bites?

Or will I have better luck (and perhaps get a better overall deal) if I split up the dates and book 2 separate hotels, one for Wed/Thu and the other for Fri/Sat? I've read here that most stays over 3 nights don't usually get the same good rates that a typical 1 or 2 night stay would.

Any advice/experience with this type of situation would be appreciated! THX

It looks like your Weds and Thurs have better prices than Friday and Saturday.

If you're willing to split your bid I think there's a good chance you can win 4/6-4/8 for less than the $100 you've bid. For 4/6-4/8 Hotwire has a 4* USE for $102. For 4/6-4/10 the 4* USE jumps to $186.50. What you save on the first two nights by splitting you could apply towards bidding higher on the last two.

OR, if you don't want to split...

1) bid higher than $100 for 4 nights. I think $110-120 might do it.

2) try to $100 for 3.5*

3) wait a week and see if rates come down.

Please use the board's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Tried twice more, both times going with 3.5*, and going to a maximum of $115. Nothing again.

Thinking about booking something I can cancel without penalty, just so I have something as a backup in case I don't get a deal via Priceline. Will keep trying though, hopefully as the dates grow nearer somebody will bite. Maybe it's a busy weekend in the city or something. Maybe I'll go to $120 next time.

Just went up to $130 using only 4*, 9 bids in total, and again no takers. The Sat/Sun dates combined with the 4 night total stay is killing me here, haha. Must be a busy weekend in the city.

Seems crazy high to have to go to 120+ for the 3.5* range but it's looking like that's what I'm going to have to do. Will update again when I try again.

Thanks for the links, am going to book a backup today just in case.

The room is actually for my Mom and my Aunt, and I just got the word from them to increase the bid and get them a 4*.

Yeah, we looked at a bunch of 3* places, Pickwick, Executive Court (?), Powell, a few others. After reading some reviews on Tripadvisor they want to stick with 3.5* and up.

They're seeing two concerts at the Warfield, and they want to be within walking distance. So the Financial District is a no.

Really good tips though, I honestly appreciate it. In any other instance I would consider them strongly! Cheers fellas

Got the Market St. Hilton for $155 per, + taxes.

More than I initially thought I would have to spend, but still a tremendous savings over the advertised room rate on their website for that same time period which is over $300 for a room with 2 queen beds.

Speaking of the 2 queen beds, I made sure to phone right away and ask if I could have a room with 2 beds (a friend of my Mom's will be joining them for Fri/Sat and staying in the room, making 3 guests total for those two nights) and the clerk was very accommodating and made sure a room with 2 beds would be reserved instead of a single king bed at no extra charge.

Thanks again to all who replied, and to this website in general for the outstanding results it has helped me achieve time and again. Woot! :)

Edit- Ah man, just noticing now that last post about LMT.com and the Mariott. Damn! Oh well, only a difference of $10 per person per night, but still. We're all here cuz we want the best deal and maybe I didn't get it! haha. Next time. :)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread indicating if you used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for this purchase (if HOTWIRE, please include the star rating, city, zone, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page).

Also, i'm not seeing a Hilton directly on Market St, can you please provide the full name and address of the hotel you received.

Lastly, note that the LMT was 'on request' which means it's not currently available for purchase but that they would call the hotel to see if they could get more inventory at their pre-contracted rate. Given the high rates for these dates, i would think there is a decent chance that they would not, so i wouldn't sweat the $10/nite too much :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your relative enjoy their trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]