PHX Phoenix Avis Premium

David Kurtz
By David Kurtz,
in

I was trying to rent a car at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and wanted to take it one way to Las Vegas McCarran. FYI - One way rentals are outrageously expensive. Priceline did offer an option, but they did not offer Name Your Own Price for one way rentals.

My scope was to rent a car for 7 days in the Phoenix area. I chose to look in the premium category. After reviewing a slew of other websites and determining the best price elsewhere would be in the $600-$700 range I started my bidding at $20 per day. I was rejected. I upped it to $25 and was rejected. I bid $30 per day and was accepted. The car is from Avis and is in the Premium category (Buick Lucerne or similar).

Here is the pricing breakdown.

Your Offer Price: $30.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 7 days (6 days and 22 hours)

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes and Fees: $142.93

Total Charges: $352.93

I am thrilled with the deal for a premium. This is nearly as cheap as most compact prices listed for Hertz, Avis and the other large car rental companies.

I'll follow up later with what car we ended up receiving. I have a coupon for a free upgrade so hopefully I can upgrade to the Luxury category.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]