Priceline Hotel: 3* Atlanta (Decatur-Northlake) Holiday Inn Select

SUPEREAGLE43
By SUPEREAGLE43,
in

First i made a bid for $50.00 for a 3* in the Stone Mountain area to no avail. I then placed a bid for $70.00 for a three star and added the Decatur area. I now know that this was probably stupid, but the reason I went up to $70.00 is because that is what priceline recommended for the area. With this bid I won. The hotel is hard to find. It is not close to an interstate. That is really the only negative. Its location was perfectly between Stone Mountain and downtown Atlanta. The subway runs a block away for any downtown travel. The staff was extremely friendly. The hotel was clean and in good condition. This is coming from someone who is easily grossed out by hotels and normally will go through the trouble of calling hotels to find out their age because I will usually only stay in new ones. Priceline placed me in a smoking room. I could not change this even when I offered to pay extra. Was told that they were booked up. I checked in right at checkin time. Parking was $7.00/day with freedom to come and go. I got a nice surprise at checkout time. For some reason I was only charged $50.00 per night. I didnt ask why. I politely said thank you. I ckecked in on 04/22/05(Fri.) and checked out on 04/24/05(Sun.) and had a total bill including taxes and parking of $128.00 plus change. With this I was extremely pleased.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of us.

Something doesn't sound right here... you were charged by Priceline when your bid was accepted and shouldn't be charged anything by the hotel (excpet incidentals such as phone, movies, restaurant, room service, etc). Make sure you double check your bid to ensure that you were charged twice for the same stay, as it does sometimes happen. If you were, you're best (first) course of action is to contact the hotel directly and explain that the room was pre-paid by priceline.

Let us know if you did get double billed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As you can see i saw this coming from your previous post :)

Not to worry as it happens and is often resolved quickly.... not all hotel staff are 'up to speed' with the pre-paid bookings.

I'm going to guess that $50 is the amount that Priceline was due to be charged for the room.

Let us know if there are any problems getting a resolution.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]