Hotwire Hotel: Toronto Downtown South 4*

Immo
By Immo,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please post in US currency

Hi Yellowdog,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm happy to take whatever I win on priceline and my apologies for posting currency incorrectly. Conversion done, the counteroffer still seemed expensive at $94USD exclusive of taxes, etc. So, can you please share a bidding strategy that will help win me a 4* hotel in Toronto Downtown South at the best possible price. I am happy to take my time doing this, but I need a 12 March check-in date. I'm grateful for your help.

With thanks,

Immo

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please post in US currency

Good afternoon. :)

No problem at all on the currency posting.

If you did get a counter-offer, then that actually does not mean that the counter-offer is the required price to get acceptance. The required price is usually somewhere in the middle between your last offer and the counter-offer the service is showing - it may only be a few dollars above where you've bid, or may be closer to the counter.

Given what I'm seeing on HOTWIRE (4*'s for around $105-110), having a 4* require around $75-85 would not be unexpected. Given that you got the counter-offer at $71 for $91 (in CAD terms), I'd suggest upping your bid by $3 at a time, as I would believe that you're likely not far off - and that $75-85 is probably the likely neighborhood.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Aaron, hey

Thanks so much for your reply and your reassurance re: currency gaff.

I've tried to counter the counter with a $3USD equivalent raise, and it's come back with a message saying I have to up by the amount initially stated. I'm not sure what my next step is. Do I now wait for my 24-hr period to elapse, or is there another way to bid again without ending up im Mississauga or north Toronto?

Thanks again for your help,

Immo

Good afternoon. :)

No problem at all on the currency posting.

If you did get a counter-offer, then that actually does not mean that the counter-offer is the required price to get acceptance. The required price is usually somewhere in the middle between your last offer and the counter-offer the service is showing - it may only be a few dollars above where you've bid, or may be closer to the counter.

Given what I'm seeing on HOTWIRE (4*'s for around $105-110), having a 4* require around $75-85 would not be unexpected. Given that you got the counter-offer at $71 for $91 (in CAD terms), I'd suggest upping your bid by $3 at a time, as I would believe that you're likely not far off - and that $75-85 is probably the likely neighborhood.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]