Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

travelbugs
By travelbugs,
in

First bid was accepted. Very chuffed with this win.

Tried to use your PRICELINE link, but couldn't (must be because I was at work).

Hotel:

The Westin Seattle

1900 Fifth Ave

Seattle, Washington 98101

United States

206-728-1000

Check-In Date: Saturday, March 5, 2011

Check-Out Date: Monday, March 7, 2011

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $69.00

Subtotal: $138.00

Taxes & Fees: $28.78

Total Charges*: $166.78

Sounds like a great win. Would you please post back here and let me know what you thought of the hotel. Thanks.

The location is great. It is very central - we walked everywhere and never did we once use the car. We got a room with 2 double beds - I asked for a king, but they said because I booked with Priceline, I only get whatever they give me, which was fair enough. The rooms are looking a bit old, but hey, it`s $69/night so I am not complaining. HOWEVER, I will complain about the water pressure in the shower, which is non-existent. I don't know if the lack of H20 pressure is due to us getting a room on the 31st floor, but it was bad. It was so bad that I think it could be a deal-breaker for us - we love our hot, steamy showers, but if our shower leaves us feeling cold and unclean, then I don't think we will be returning. But then again, the beds were comfy so I COULD be convinced. Maybe.

BTW, the hotel wanted $38 for parking, so we parked next door in the Westin Building on 5th avenue and Virginia (it is connected to the hotel via a skybridge). For $22/day with in and out privileges, I thought it was a good deal compared to what the hotel wanted.

Thanks for reporting back. You did get a great deal for that hotel. I was curious because I am thinking of bidding on Priceline for dowtown Seattle and the Westin seems to be the hotel with the most wins. Trying to decide if I want to try or not. I have read about the rooms being a bit old and in need of updates. I have not read about the shower issue though. I will do a little more research on that. Sometimes I wonder if the Priceline guests get the oldest rooms, while those paying rack rates get the nicer updated rooms. Thanks also for the parking info. I currently have a room booked for two nights which comes to $274. However, it includes free parking, free internet, free breakfast and $6pp to the pier. It is not a four star hotel, but it seems to have what we need. I am trying to decide how much I can bid on Priceline and come to the same cost or less. Your deal would definitely be a good one, especially with the $22 parking. I will mull it over some more and watch for wins for the beginning of August. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]