AZ Tucson Lodge at Ventana Canyon

Scorp
By Scorp,
in

We purchased this through Hotwire. This is a resort property with personality. There are only 50 rooms in total and the staff works hard to make you feel special. All rooms are spacious, ours was 800 square feet or so.

You enter the Lodge through a gate where you give your name and they pass it on to the Lodge staff, so by your arrival, someone is ready to meet your car and greet you by name, help you with your bags and take you straight to your room. No standing around in the lobby waiting to check-in! The entrance area has a grand-scale fireplace and common areas and dining areas have large windows to show off the views.

The common areas are simply beautiful, as are the grounds, the mountain views and the two golf courses on site. If you are a golfer, the pro shop is right in the Lodge (with complimentary club storage). When you are ready to go golfing or use the practice facilities, they will often have your cart and clubs ready for you as you walk out the door. The golf is not cheap, but the service and facilities and the course maintenance are all excellent. There are also tennis courts and an Olympic-size swimming pool. There are no real spa services.

Most guest rooms are on the upper or second floor. We had an eastern exposure and had a view of the entrance courtyard. We also had a tree right in front of our balcony which was home to the most amazing Great Horned Owl. It was fascinating to watch him in the tree or flying off at dusk. Rooms on the back side have a beautiful view of the mountains.

Our room had a kitchenette with small fridge and stove. We had an oversized tiled walk-in shower in the bath along with a clawfoot tub. The king bed and sitting area (including a sofa bed) had a vaulted ceiling which made the room seem even larger.

There is a daily resort fee of $20, which is annoying, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would be delighted to visit again. There are a few small signs of age here and there, but this is a true quality property in a beautiful area of Tucson. It is close to Loews and staff with shuttle you over and back, if you wish to dine there.

• 1 year later...

I stayed at this resort on the night after my wedding. When you stay at a resort listed as 4 stars you have certain expectations. One is a comfortable bed. Needless to say I did not sleep more than a few hours because the queen sized bed was a bit hard. Additionally you expect the walls to be more sound-proof than the seedy motel downtown. Wrong again. Just when I started to fall asleep, the newlyweds next door started to have a 'party'. I would never stay there again at the prices they charge knowing what I know now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]