Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Downtown - Charlestown) Onyx Hotel

Skippy_TX
By Skippy_TX,
in

Had a buddy get a room at the Wyndam after bidding $75 4* on multiple zones (not sure which ones) and getting a counter for $97 that he took.

I had no such luck. Tried getting a 4* for $80 in Copley zone, $85 with Cambridge added, Free rebid at $90 (South boston), Free rebid $95 (Medford), and finally threw in Downtown thinking the Wyndam would be a lock. No go. Plenty of time to try again in 72 hours.

Anything that you would have done differently? Copley is preferred zone, hotel@MIT would be OK, and I guess I'll settle for downtown if I have to. Nothing but 4* in Copley makes it interesting, and some of the 3*'s in Cambridge and Downtown are unattractive for various reasons.

When did your friend book the Wyndham?

For a back-up, how about the Radisson for $119/nite thru QUIKBOOK?

HOTWIRE has a 3* offering for $97/nite which looks to be iether the Radisson or Park Plaza (of course this in not refundable/cancellable so can't be used as a back-up)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bidding history to get the Onyx:

$90 Copley, rejected

$95 Added Downtown, rejected

Started new bid

$100 Copley, Cambridge, rejected

$101 Copley, Cambridge, added Downtown

$105 Copley, Cambridge, Downtown, added Medford - accepted

I haven't heard of the Onyx before...doesn't look like a bad location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]