Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

Integritas
By Integritas,
in

I've been trying to book a 4* Hotel at Waikiki Beach area from 4/7 to 4/12 for at least a good couple weeks now. Try as I might, Lady Luck has not been good to me... I'm trying to book a nice place for my parents. (Dad's 60th b-day).

I've bid up to $155/night... and still, is not an acceptable bid... (Hotwire is @ $181/night)

Is it because it's the start of spring break? Or, are hotels not opening up room just yet? Or, a combo of both; because it's spring break, hotels aren't opening up rooms?

I've used the Priceline and HOTWIRE links here.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Hawaii has been seemingly a pretty popular destination this year and rates as a whole (and likely less aggressive discounting as a result) have been up over last year. I'm not aware of Spring Break schedules but if this does fall under that time-frame, than that could be adding to already higher traffic. If HOTWIRE is showing options not too far above the ceiling you've gone up to on PRICELINE, then I would take future bidding slowly and go up by $2-3's instead of $5's, as you're probably getting fairly close. In terms of hotels releasing more inventory closer to the dates, there's no way of knowing - but it's fairly close at this point and given recent traffic, my guess is that prices unfortunately will likely stay on the high side.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]