Priceline Hotel: looking 3/31 -4/3/11 strip north or south bid up to $110 N strip

whenpigsfly
By whenpigsfly,
in

Trying to decide what to do here. I have a $400 after tax limit for the lodging for this three day weekend I'm bidding for someone who has never been to Vegas.

Maybe the answer to get value here is do drop to 4* bidding I'm not a fan of the Mirage but it would nto be the worst if it hit but not really interested in getting them stuck at TI (too family oriented for this couple) in north strip nor do I like the location of the Westin on the south strip for 4* bidding but not doing well bidding

I found the Vdara for $118 before tax on the screen after being rejected bidding $90. with tax the $118 comes really close to my $400 threshold

Am I making too much of tring to find a 5* hotel and drop to 4*

Checkin 3/31 checkout 4/3

Interested in thoughts or suggestions and thanks for the help.

And using your link for bidding!!!!

I found it a little odd that the Vdara would come up in Pricelines non opaque system for $118 when it was rejecting a $90 bid.

Looking for some opinions from more experienced las vegas bidders. are the concerns about the Westin Causarina's location warranted or not? if not then 4* biding for the south strip zone may be in order.

They want to be on the strip but close would be ok.

Thanks

I found it a little odd that the Vdara would come up in Pricelines non opaque system for $118 when it was rejecting a $90 bid.

It's two diffrent services with no relation to each other. Vdara might not have any opaque inventory for the moment. it's nothing strange with this.

Looking for some opinions from more experienced las vegas bidders. are the concerns about the Westin Causarina's location warranted or not?

The Westin is slight of the Strip. But it's a quick walk. No big deal if you ask me. But Westin isn't the "typical" Las Vegas hotel.

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE link.

Yellowdog.

It's two diffrent services with no relation to each other. Vdara might not have any opaque inventory for the moment. it's nothing strange with this.

The Westin is slight of the Strip. But it's a quick walk. No big deal if you ask me. But Westin isn't the "typical" Las Vegas hotel.

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE link.

Yellowdog.

well after all that they booked a split reservation at the mgm for 126 fro fri and saturday and the luxor for 133 after tax and resort fees

I bid 5* 115 and got a raise 30 coiunteroffer but I was at my bidding limit so I couldn't test what might have been accepted. They really wanted to be "ON" the strip so the thought of getting the westin bothered them enough to go conventional. I even told them about $90 win at the TI but they were concerned tha the property was too family oriented.

Thanks for the great resources and help as always

well after all that they booked a split reservation at the mgm for 126 fro fri and saturday and the luxor for 133 after tax and resort fees

I bid 5* 115 and got a raise 30 coiunteroffer but I was at my bidding limit so I couldn't test what might have been accepted. They really wanted to be "ON" the strip so the thought of getting the westin bothered them enough to go conventional. I even told them about $90 win at the TI but they were concerned tha the property was too family oriented.

Thanks for the great resources and help as always

Thank you for closing the thread.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]