Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial)

edog
By edog,
in

It looks like the ES is available for your dates at $259 per night on Hotwire. If this is the ES you can book it on the ES website for a bunch less and if you submit a claim for the double the difference you could save even more.

So if I booked on Hotline at the ES, I would then send a claim showing the rate that the ES website quotes? Also, does the Double the Difference apply to the ES Net-Direct Rate ($211), or only the Best Available Rates ($249)?

I would think any rate on their website but I have never been lucky enough to apply for it. Be sure to save a copy of the ES website showing the rate in case the rate is gone when Hotwire goes to check it.

Since bedding type is not guaranteed, i would be looking for a claim against the King Room (pull-out couch for the kids) rate of $194.65.

New Customers can use GIFTCODE06 for $10 off per nite (up to $50). Technically this code has expired but has still been working for users.

The Entertainment Book has a rebate form for $30 off a hotel stay... but you need a valid copy of the book (and membership card) to use it.

If you go for the above let us know how it goes and please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase. (if you're eligible for the entertainment rebate there is a link you're supposed to use although others have shown it's not really necessary, but if you want to use that link anyway, please click this board's HOTWIRE link before going to the designated site)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You would think that HOTWIRE would look for any loophole out of fufulling their obligation, but they have actually been excellent in honoring their terms. I have known of two problems with a double the difference claim, both of which hotwire was within their right:

-at MGM user had a successful claim but it was less than they had planned because hotwire books rooms in a higher class room than the minimum... so comparing apples-to-apples the double the difference claim was made against the equivalent room

-at an extended stay property, the hotel had a weekly rate which was cheaper than booking 5 nites. I forget the numbers, but as an example the user book 6 nites at $50/nite for a total of $300... the 6 nites thru the hotel was $320 but the weekly rate (for 7 nites) was $275... the claim was denied since the cheaper stay was not the same exact dates as the user had reserved since it included an additional nite (the same nite stays were still cheaper thru Hotwire) I feel HOTWIRE was justified in this situation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]