CA Thousand Oaks Palm Garden Hotel

rednikki
By rednikki,
in

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I read TripAdvisor reviews the reveal, and I thought, "Well, I guess they must have improved the lodgings a lot in the past year."

No. In the end, I wish I had gone with the Hotwire choice that would have put us at a nearby Days Inn. Either there's two drastically different sections to the Palm Garden Hotel, or they've somehow gotten a series of guests that aren't very choosy to post rave reviews. Our experience was much closer to every negative review I read than any positive review I read.

We're forgiving people, so if it had been just one of the things on the list below, we would have let it pass. The combination of all of the below is symptomatic of something very wrong at the property. Issues included but were not limited to:

- someone else's hair in our bathroom

- a bunch of stains on the wall throughout the room (see photos)

- pervasive smoke smell in our room

- housekeeper banging on our door at 7:45am

- damp carpet in the outer part of the bathroom

- breakfast attendant tried to take our full breakfast dishes away the moment we sat down, before we even got the chance to eat anything

- curtain falling off the rod

I took photos, just to document it.

The one bright side is that the hotel is convenient to the 101 and various things to do in Thousand Oaks.

The front desk manager did seem sad, and gave the impression that he would have refunded our money if we'd booked directly rather than through Hotwire. After this experience, I am nervous about booking through Hotwire in the future.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]