Hotwire Hotel: 6/18-6/25 3*-4* MTE or MTS

pfrigerio
By pfrigerio,
in

Is it too early to start looking for deals in NYC? I am going to be travelling with my wife and two daughters. I have read up on requesting a room for 4 people, and we are somewhat flexible about where we stay. Any advice would be much appreciated. BTW this board is great!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Definately not too early... it's less than two months away.

When you say you have read up on the quad occupancy issue you are willing to accept that risk? (really not recommended in NYC)

You say you are flexible with where you stay... is that anywhere in midtown (ie- MTW, MTC) or anywhere within the MTE and MTS zones you mention in your topic title?

What is your maximum bid/expected budget? Given the length of your stay, would you consider SPLITTING YOUR BID?

Let us know the above and we'll try to help you find your best plan of action.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would consider splitting the bid, and yes we are flexible in those zones, and would at this point even look at downtown. My wife is from Chelsea originally so anywhere in that area would be a plus.

As for the quad occupancy, about a year ago I got a great deal on a room outside of Washington DC. After successfully winning the bid, I called the hotel and was able to get accomidations for the four of us . It was kind of tight, but we were hardly in the rooms. That being said, after researching it more I think I may not be as lucky getting a room in NYC with the same accomodations. The budget is for $120-140 max a night (yeah, I'm an optimst ;o)

We are also looking at alternatives like sites which advertise studios/apts for lease for the weeks we're interested in. I still like going through Priceline though because I have had good experiences with them.

Thanks for responding!

P.

One thing I did seem to notice (and correct me if I'm wrong), but people bidding closer to their date of occupancy seem to get better deals. In your experience, is this true? I'm sure it varies from zone to zone, but I'm curious if I should risk it and wait a week or two.

I appreciate the help!

P.

Here is a thread on the subject: SHOULD I BID EARLY or LATE.

To reiterate my own thoughts... alway better to bid early while making sure not to overbid.

Let us know when you think it is best for you to bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you at that time. (also at that time let us know if there are any zones you don't want... otherwise we'll use all NYC zones)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]