Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Kauai (Poipu) Grand Hyatt Kauai

michelemcg
By michelemcg,
in

I am interested in a hotel from 5/4 - 5/9 in Poipu area of Kauai, and today's listing came up with a 4.5* for $241/nt..

from the betterbidding site I think this is the Grand Hyatt Kauai, but the amenities listed aren't matching up (i.e., no spa named, no high speed internet)?

Resort, Beachfront, Oceanfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Laundry

Recommended in 100% of Hotwire customer reviews

Please can someone help me verify that this is in fact the Hyatt? I don't want to risk getting stuck w/ Sheraton because of the construction :)

Thanks BetterBIdding gurus!

If you click the "see details" link on the listing and then click "see all amenities" on the detail page, are you seeing any additional amenities beyond the ones listed above?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yes, now I see:

Resort

Beach Front

Oceanfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

So this is Hyatt, right? I've never done Hotwire - do they generally put you in the junkiest rooms (sometimes this happens w/ Priceline)... :) :)

In Poipu there's really only two 4.5 star hotels. The Hyatt and Koa Kea. The Hyatt has been in Hotwire over the years many times so odds are very high it's them.

KK is unlikely to claim any sort of children's activities so I'd say you have a 99.999% chance it's Hyatt

The only other hotel down there is the Sheraton and not even Hotwire would dare call them 4.5 star.

We won - Grand Hyatt Kauaki here we come! for the dates 5/4 to 5/9, at $238/night, plus tax came out to about $1350. On top of that, they sent me an email advertisement where the rate (2mins after I booked it) temporarily went down to $234/night, so they credited me $20 towards a future hotwire purchase.

I used the HOTWIRE links here on better bidding. Thanks all!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]