Priceline Hotel: ?? about bidding for MCO airport hotel 3 star

PURTYPAT1
By PURTYPAT1,
in

Hi Everyone,

I am new, & have been reading up & absorbing this website's information for the past 2 weeks. I hope I make sense below.

I am arriving Nov 8 at 8:30 PM & need a place with a shuttle service close to the airport. (I am meeting up with my family who is coming in later that night) I have booked a rent a car for the next morning at the airport, & we are off to Port Canaveral for our cruise.

I think, I am ready to bid on priceline for Nov 8, but before I do, my question is this.

I would like a 3 Star in the airport area. I studied all the maps on, priceline & hot-wire, read & reread all the advice columns.

My question is on HotWire's map there is Orlando airport west, is this considered Florida mall. I am trying to find another area with only a 2 star, to greater my chances of an airport stay.

I have read all of the posts & think I understand.

Any advice or help would be great.

Thanks

Patricia

When bidding 3* in the Orlando area you have five zones that only contain hotels that are rated less than 3 stars. The way to figure out which zones these are is explained in PRICELINE RE-BIDDING:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Let us know if you can figure out the five re-bid zones (confirm them with the board) and then we'll suggest a strategy for your to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Found the following prices for 3*** MCO AIRPORT

Holiday Inn Select - $132.95

Mariott Airport - $139

Renaissance - $149

Hyatt - $189

Sheraton - $229

Crowne Plaza - $126

I followed your directions with PL , and found all of the 2** listings (thankyou)

My information is: I would like to stay at or around the airport MCO

Orlando

11-08-05 to 11-09-05

1 room

3 star ***

Selected (1)

Orlando airport3*

kissimmee 2* 40.00 rejected

Selected (2)

Orlando airport 3*

kissimmee 2*

Orlando east 2* 43.00 rejected

Selected (3)

Orlando airport 3*

kissimmee 2*

Orlando east 2*

Florida mall 2* 47.00 rejected

Selected (4)

Orlando airport 3*

kissimmee 2*

Orlando east 2*

Florida mall 2*

winter park 2* 50.00 rejected

Selected (5)

Orlando airport 3*

kissimmee 2*

Orlando east 2*

Florida mall 2*

winter park 2*

west Disney area 2* $51.00 rejected

I then quit

My 72hr window is up Wednesday, and I can bid again. Any suggestions? :)

Let us know if you can figure out the five re-bid zones (confirm them with the board) and then we'll suggest a strategy for your to follow.

Just bump this thread a half a day or so before you're eligble to re-bid and we'll have a current look at prices at that time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

based on Hotwire's availability there is a 3.5* at $107, a 3* (Wingate) at $105, and a 2* for $40. If you do a search for 3 adults (the above was for 2) a 3.5* is $143 (Sheraton Suites), a 3* for 113 (Wingate) but a new 2.5* appears at $65(might be the Clarion) and the same 2* at $40.

a package search with air&hotel on priceline for 11/8 & 9 shows the Crowne Plaza available but at $460 for 2 nights with the air. The La Quinta west is $316. The difference is $144 or $72 a night. Since the La Quinta will win for this date at $33-35 that makes the CP in the $90 to $95 range since the packages usually have some markup in them (the CP might be the HW 3.5* at $107)

so based on this I wouldn't bid for a 3* yet but if you want something now go for a 2* at $33 and if that doesn't work wait the 72 hours and do a 2* at $35. You'll ge the LQ west.

you can always try EasyClickTravel. The Marriott ($70??), Sheraton Suites and Wingate participate. They are fully cancellable with 72 hours notice in case some 3*'s open up later on Priceline. This way you can relax for a few months.

Hi runNgun,

I really don't want a 2** hotel.

I do have a back up, hotel at the airport and I am not in hurry. My trip is in Nov 2005

I guess I will play the game with priceline, until the my date. Tommrow will be my 72 window.

Should I continue my strategy, as above for the 3*** at the airport?

Any more advice?

nothing has really changed so unless you want to bid into the $60 to $70 range I would wait. By the way , what are your five free re-bid zones? Just want to make sure your on the same page here. I'd hate for you to get the wrong part of town.

since you have 6 shots at it I'd start at $45 then $50 then $55, $60 (you might start to get a counter-offer here but ignore it, the counter offer would show some availability so that would be good news) then $65 and $70.

the 2.5* on HOTWIRE (search for 2 adults and 1 child) is at $55 so if you can use the "giftcard05" first time buyers code that would get it to $45 plus tax. Best guess is the Clarion which is a nice place (i've had 2 meetings there in the last year) plus a shuttle.

Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

I don't think you're likely to go as high as runNgun suggested above, but i also don't think that you should max out at $51 this time... let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy from there.

If you don't want to bid any higher at this point, i would use EasyClickTravel to make a cancellable back-up reservation and not bid again for 3-4 weeks... bidding every 72 hours this far out at the same price will only result in you driving yourself crazy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]