Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (Airport O'hare ORD) Sheraton Gateway

lowballer
By lowballer,
in

I have an early fight out of ORD tomorrow (Saturday). I have no interest in dealing with Chicago public transit at 4 am, so my options were to get a cab tomorrow morning or find a cheap hotel in the ORD zone for tonight.

Failures were $45 for 4*, $34 for 3* and $33 for 2.5*. I used some of the downtown Chicago zones as "intentional underbid free rebids" because downtown has almost no chance of hitting at the above prices nowadays.

Total cost $35 + 12.35 = $47.35. This is the Sharaton on Mannheim Road technically in Rosemont.

Cab fare would have been $40 or so, but I can take the L out there tonight for $1.75. So practically, a night here is costing me like $9. Looks like a nice place, too, and I get to sleep in a little later than if I had stayed home. Again, this is a same-day bid. I think I did OK. :)

Looks good to me!

Substantial savings over the conventional rate and after doing some math and your 'opportunity cost' (knew that economics class at Michigan would pay off eventually :) ) it appears to be an even better deal. As well, you know this couldn't be had for less since your $34 bid for a 3* was earlier refused.

Thanks for sharing your and enjoy your stay and flight.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]