Lax to Hangzhou-China Priceline bid

routefndr
By routefndr,
in

Priceline mainly deals with the big American airlines. Most of the US-China flights are operated by United, and they only fly to Shanghai and Beijing. Hence zero chance to get a LAX-Hangzhou flight for cheap on PL.

I'd recommend bidding for a LAX-Shanghai ticket. Try a $300 bid and see what it comes back. Then buy a separate Shanghai-Hangzhou.

Otherwise, go to the oriental travel agents and ask them to price China Eastern and Air China.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information!

My update is that today I put in a second bid after monitoring the airfare checker for the last couple of weeks. I bid $350 and PL came back with $1036. Better than the $1349 they responded with on my first bid but not close to the cheapest price today on Air China of $824 via Orbitz.

My planned departure date is 6-16 so I still have some time.

Thanks again!

RF

UA does codeshare now with Air China so there is some chance you could get this itineray even with the domestic leg.

But I agree that consolidators are the way to go. PL will not save enough to justify losing the FF miles.

ETA: jump at the $824 on Air China if you want to lowest price. Also be sure to give them your UA FF number so you get mileage plus miles.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]