Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Hyatt Regency

Homezoomom
By Homezoomom,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE will 'grey-out' a zone if they don't offer any hotels in the zone(s) selected at that star rating, but note that it has nothing to do with availability for specific dates. If a Resort option is greyed-out it means that PRICELINE does not offer hotels of that star rating in that zone at this time, regardless of the dates you're searching for.

At the Resort level you have 4 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Waikiki Marina...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask. The above may prove to be too low for these dates, but with ~4 weeks to go i'd start here and if rejected just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You shouldn't have any problem using the debit card for the transaction... however, when you check in you'll need enough cash on the debit card to cover whatever amount the hotel typically puts on hold or requires from cash deposit customers (ie- you can't check in with a debit cardw which only has access to $20 and expect the hotel to accept these), and these funds will not be available for use/withdrawal until a few days after your stay.

See this previous thread on the subject: Priceline and Debit Cards

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: i just found this at the PRICELINE website:

Upon check-in, guests must present a valid ID and credit card or, in the hotel's discretion, debit card, in their name that is consistent with the transactional details provided to priceline.com (the amount of available credit required will vary by hotel). Debit cards may not be accepted.
(emphasis added by me)

So while their terms state that debit cards may not be accepted, i've never heard of anyone using a debit card with a Visa or Mastercard Logo having an issue. (other than the complaint that the funds were put on 'hold' and not accessible during the trip)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good Morning. I tried my dates with the following bids:

3/13-3/17- Resort- Marina Area $95 /denied

3/13-3/17- Resort- Marina Area + rebid area 1 $101/denied

3/13-3/17- Resort- Marina Area + rebid area 1&2 $106/denied

3/13-3/17- Resort- Marina Area + 3 rebid areas $112/denied

3/13-3/17- Resort- Marina Area + 4 rebid areas $119/denied

Do I try again tomorrow or wait a week? I have a regular reservation for another hotel that I made in December as a back up.

Thanks again, PS I used the site PRICELINE links from bb :)

Is there something in particular you're looking for in regards to this stay?

The Aqua Palms is currently rated 3* by PRICELINE, and while a Resort may be elusive at $120 at the moment, i do think you can get a 4* in either the Waikiki Beach or Marina zones for around this price.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

So my original reservation for the Aqua Palms was based on it's great location. Last year we stayed at the Hawaii Prince and loved it. After I originally planned and booked the trip, I was blessed with a little extra money, so I thought about trying for a really nice resort level hotel in that area if I could get it for a good deal (at least 25% off retail). So what I am looking for is that area and I am only willing to pay the extra money if it's going to be a big upgrade from my current reservation. So I am willing to go up to about $150 per night before taxes...do you think my luck would be better inside the 14 day window or sooner rather than later?

Thanks again for the help, so glad I found betterbidding.com

Nobody can say if rates will drop, or rise, for this stay in the next two weeks, it all depends upon hotel occupancy levels, the number of actual reservations which come in relative to expectations and the number of new cancellations which come in relative to expectations.

Would you consider returning to the Hawaiian Prince? (for about $150/nite)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know I ended up bidding a Resort in Waikiki Beach Area and won the Hyatt for $129

Bid $104, Resort, Waikiki Beach (totally ready to do my re-bid zones)

Price line comes back with an offer? "increase your bid by $25 with no changes right now".

Well I figure if they are offering then that's going to be the winning price so I say sure - bingo I got it.

I know there is some construction going on but it should be fine, I'll be playing during the day :)

Thanks for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]