Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Lafayette Days Inn

toree
By toree,
in

Booked 4 nights at Lafayette for $44 at Days Inn. Was very disappointed to find out that it is actually a 2* hotel rather than a 2.5* hotel as listed. Also saw that the rates online were just $2 cheaper than if I booked direct! I was really hoping to be booked into a Hampton or Wingate hotel- There wasn't much information to go on, so I just went with this one. I guess you win some and lose some.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results of this purchase.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the hotel you received and the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with it... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also, can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates of my stay are June 18 to June 22.

I am VERY annoyed with Hotwire and their star rating system. I spoke with a representative for 45 minutes today, as I feel they completely misrepresented their claim that this is a 2.5* hotel. They said that the average star rating for this hotel is 2.5 stars, however I found this completely untrue. I checked with 6 separate booking companies and the average rating was a definitely a 2. It is misleading for them to pull up the Hotels.com site in conjunction with their results.

This is how HOTWIRE comes up with the 2.5* rating:

Expedia: 2*

Orbitz: 3*

Travelocity: 2*

Average: 2.33 ==> 2.5*

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

This was an 'opaque' purchase, correct? (where you didn't know the name until after purchase)... so did the inclusion of any Hotels.com listings influence your decision, or was that comment not necessarily directly related to this purchase?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]