By ksoe,
in

First I bid $25 for 3.5 star in Columbus north. rejected for 2/25 -2/27 2011

next free bid, bid $28 and added Columbus East rejected

next free bid, bid $33 and added Columbus South rejected

next free bid, bid $35 and added Columbus West rejected

next free bid, bid $38 and added Columbus Grove City rejected

next free bid, bid $43 and added Columbus Ohio State rejected

next free bid, bid $48 and added Columbus Airport - Easton WON!!! Got put up in:

Embassy Suites Hotel Columbus, 2700 Corporate Exchange, Columbus, OH 43231

(I started my first bid at $25 for Columbus north because last month I was there, I won a bid of $35 and got put up in the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Like the comments I read elsewhere, window fabrics were worn,, but the stay was very comfortable. They only pre-authorized another $35.00 for the 2 night stay which fell of my ordinary credit card about 5 business days later.)

This month, even though I selected added Columbus Airport - Easton area which has 3.5 star places to stay, I knew that I would still get another free bid and that I would still end up in Columbus North area because I had already tried bidding in the Columbus Airport - Easton area with starting bids at $20 and used all my free bidding attempts and my last bid was $75, and they rejected all my bids including my $75 bid (but be careful, maybe next time there might be a 3.5 star place to stay in the Columbus Airport - Easton Area cheaper $75 or cheaper!!). So if anyone wants to stay in the Columbus Airport - Easton area, best to bid something more than $75.00 (at least for the weekend of Feb 25-27th 2011!). I would have waited 72 hours and tried again and started bidding at $75 in the aiport area, except that with my research, I could have selected a hotel and paid $97, so I didn't think I would be saving much to justify not knowing where they would put me in the Columbus Airport - Easton area for anthing higher than a $75 bid. So that is why I changed my mind and starting bidding in the Columbus North area.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This hotel is actually in the (Worthington-Polaris-Westerville) but you don't mention adding this zone in your bidding, do you recall selecting this area? If you look at your winning bid confirmation page, which zone is listed under the hotel name but above the hotel address?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are good!!! You are absolutely right!!! I do not know how that happened, and I didn't intend to and do not remember selecting that zone with Polaris, because I wanted to stay pretty close to the Easton Shopping Center. However, beware, I just called this property and was specifically told by the Front office desk when I called to confirm and to ask for 2 double beds; was that they only sell non-smoking rooms to priceline there (ie the rooms that normally do not sell!!!) so bidder be aware! THAT is a bumer. If you win a bid here, chances are that you are booked into a smoking room. They at first said that Priceline selected that room, then admitted those are the only rooms they offer to priceline. AND in my case they are sold out for my stay, then said that if they have a cancellation, only then could I get a non-smoking room. So, there you go!

• 4 weeks later...

Update on this trip. Actually I have no idea why the person on the phone told me about not allowing me to select a non-smoking room. I got there, and there was no problem getting a non smoking room; and they were not anywhere near fully booked for my stay. I think I got just a stupid desk person when I called. The stay turned out to be perfect, and the property was VERY nice. This hotel was about 15 minutes from Easton Shopping Center; so that was not bad after all.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]