Priceline Hotel: 3* napa valley marriott

carlos78
By carlos78,
in

Don't worry about it too much.

Consider that this hotel sells for $189 on their website (and the Hyatt received sells for $179), how bad can they be if they typically fetch those prices?

If you'd like to alleviate your fears somewhat, you can go to Trip Advisor and do a search for each of the hotels you received and read the reviews there. After that, use the Travelocity link at the top of the page and do the same. There is also a Hotel Reviews section at the bottom of this board, but as we're less than 5 months old, i don't think either of these have been reviewed yet (maybe you could add a review when you return?). I also advise people to expect to see a few negative reviews at any hotel, and focus if the majority are positive or negative. People have different expectations and demands for levels of service, so your bound to get different opinions of the same hotel. More importantly, i usually rate a hotel based upon the value i receive.... i have been thrilled with hotels that i have received on Priceline for $30/nite, yet if i was paying the hotel's $180/nite rate i would review it as being overpriced and 'not worth the money'.

With the above said, i scanned reveiws of the 2 hotels you received and i'm confident you'll be happy with them.

I would sign up for each hotel's membership program (Join Hotel Affinity Programs) and call each hotel and put in a request for a King bed and a smoking/non-smoking room. While on the phone, make conversation with the front desk clerk and happen to mention it's your honeymoon ("can you please put in a request for a king bed.... afterall, it is my honeymoon"). A week or so before your arrival, call each hotel back and have them put your membership number to their affinity program into the computer, and once again, "can you confirm that i have a king bed reserved, as this is our honeymoon and i want to make sure everything is set and it's special for us". (this may earn you a perk or potentially an upgrade.... it's possible, but don't expect it)

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

thank you so much for your comments. after reading the reviews for both hotels at tripadvisor i am more confident with my buy there seems to be more positives than negatives for both hotels and i am sure our honeymoon will be what we make of it.

i think i will follow your advice and join the membership program for each hotel. thanks again and i will be sure to review these hotels upon my return.

As far as the Monterey Hyatt goes, be sure and mention at check-in you're on your honeymoon. This hotel consists of several buildings, some w/good locations, and some not-so-good. My parents checked in last year for their 50th anniversary and were assigned a room in one of the buildings w/golf course view and closest to the public rooms (lounge, restaurant, etc). Congratulations and good luck!

thanks for the info beav,

just to clarify: for priceline hotel rooms we are assigned a room at check-in? or is one already set for you? also when requesting a 1 king bed room is this concidered an upgrade, and when calling a hotel to make the request do they check if you made your reservation thru priceline? any help will be greatly appriciated. thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]