Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill)

verga
By verga,
in

My daughter prefers to stay at a 4* USW-Nob Hill hotel with a max daily rate of $100 + taxes.

I bid 4* USW, Civic and Fisherman at $85, $90 and $95 + $5 bonus per day (max of $25 bonus which expires on Feb 14/11) - all bids failed and there was no counteroffer. Then, I suggested that she tries Fisherman's Wharf up to $83. So, I bid 3.5* for Fisherman, Civic, Marina, SFO North and South SF at $55, $60, $63, $68 and $77 + $5 bonus - again all bids failed and there was no counteroffer.

I will bid for her again tomorrow. I used your PRICELINE link.

I did the following bids for to get 4* in USW and 3.5* in Fisherman's Wharf:

4* from $85 to $110 + $5 bonus ($115), increasing by $5 ... no success and no counteroffer (USW, Civic, Fisherman, Marina, SFO North & SSF). I didn't add Soma as her max was $110 + $5.

3.5* from $65 to $85 + $5 bonus ($90), increasing by $5 ... no success and no counteroffer (Fisherman, Civic, Marina, SSF North and SSF).

It must be a pretty busy weekend.

My daughter will research USE and will let me know tonight if she wants to bid in that area.

I used your PRICELINE link.

If daughter is willing to accept USE/USW and something as far away as FW, then why not throw Financial District/Embarcadero into the mix. Someone recently posted winning Le Meridien for your dates at $95/nite, and it is quite a nice hotel. You might get lucky and win the Omni.

If you're bidding in the US areas, you have to accept any hotel you win, and one of those might be the Clift. It is currently going for $99/nite on Lastminutetravel.com. They are also offering the Hyatt Embarcadero for $112/nilte.

Regardless of the bonus cash, you still have time on your side vis-a-vis bidding on Priceline. Good luck.

Not sure how much the USE zone will help, but the Embarcadero zone might, here are two options depending upon if your daughter is also willing to accept Embarcadero or not. She could also try the first strategy, then if rejected, try the second if she so desires:

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $70, if rejected add USW...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

If Embarcadero is acceptable you can star with the following (or try this if the above fails):

Select 4* USE and Embarcadero...

Bid $70, if rejected add USW...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, thanks for the bidding strategy, but no success on 4* USW and USE and 3.5* Fisherman's wharf. Mar 26-28 must be a busy weekend.

For both USE and USW, we went as high as $115 + $5 (increasing our last free rebid by $10) wiithout success and no counteroffer.

For Fisherman's wharf, we went as high as $95 + $5 (increasing our last free rebid by $10) without success and no counteroffer.

My daughter didn't want to bid in the Financial District.

Our $5 bonus/day has expired ... therefore there is no rush now ... we'll take it slowly, rebidding again after a day or two.

I used your PRICELINE link for my bids.

Sorry to hear she wasn't successful within her budget... hopefully rates will come down a little between now and her stay.

Please update this thread once you resume bidding for this trip and we'll try to assist further at that time.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline deposited $25 bonus cash in my account yesterday which expires on Feb 20 (tomorrow) - max of $5/night.

So I started bidding again for 4* USW from $75 to $100 ($5 increments) + $5 cash bonus - no success and no counter-offer.

I closed the browser and started at $75 for 4* USE up to $100 + $ 5 bonus - no success and no counter-offer.

So I followed slruud's suggestion and booked my daughter with lastminutetravel.com at $99/night + taxes and got Clift Hotel (4* USE-Nob Hill) = $234.10 total for 2 nights. My daughter is okay with this hotel.

Thanks to thereuare and sluurd's help with this booking - much appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]