Hotwire Hotel: HELP: NYC

ryandk
By ryandk,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately this hotel is not yet identified, but i do have 2 suggestions...

1) If you don't need to be in that specific area there are many hotels in nearby zones that have been identified and are similarly priced. Choose one of those and we can alway confirm/help identify them for you.

2) Since this is for an entire week, hotels must have (low priced) availability for each nite of your stay. Break this stay into two different stays (for example a 3 nite and a 4 nite) which may show you different hotels that we may be able to identify. This not only gives you more options (by seeing other hotels that are displayed), but also lets you stay in two different parts of the city, each of which may have it's own personality.

Of course both of the above are assuming that you're coming to visit and sightsee and don't need to be in a precise loation for a convention or anything like that.

If you reply as to which of the two scenarios, if either, appeal to you we can probably help further. Another option is to try Priceline, and we can help with a bidding strategy there too. It will likely be a little cheaper, but you'll have somewhat less control over the actual hotel you receive.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Hi --

I'm looking desperately for an affordable (and nice) hotel for August 10 - 17.

I've bid up to $130 on Priceline for a 4* hotel in MTW, MTE and CPS. I don't want to go too much higher than that. On Hotwire, there's a 3.5* hotel for $132 in Midtown Central with the following:

Restaurant(s), Fitness Centre, Business Centre

It's also marked as a "Best Value".

Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

Ryan

It could be the Hudson hotel, which is on 58th St. This hotel was previously reported in the UWS zone, but it's located on 58th St which appears to be right on the cusp of the MTC and the UWS zones... if you look at the MTC boundary it appears to be in the UWS zone, but if you look at the UWS zone it appear to be in the MTC zone.

If this hotel appeals to you, you could see if it appears for one nite and then for for the balance of your stay. If it does, you could purchase the first nite to see the name (and "look behind the curtain"), if you like it you can then purchase the remaining nites, if not, seek other accomodations for the balance of your stay (please use this HOTWIRE link for each of your purchases).

Summertime is usually slow in NYC, so i would suspect that rates will likely go down as you get closer to your dates... i would book a cancellable back-up and give this a little time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]