Hotwire Hotel: 4* Indianapolis (Downtown)

samgeez
By samgeez,
in

I am trying to figure out if this is for the JW Marriott. I see that this new hotel is now showing up on priceline. I figured hotwire would be the best bet in specifically get this hotel. I am not sure if hotwire or priceline would adjust their star rankings now that this is available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Upon further investigation...I clicked "reviews" and it told me the hotel is University Place Hotel & Conference Ctr Indianapolis. Seems like that defeats the purpose of getting a low price for not knowing what you will be staying. This adds to my confusion about the star ranking in the city now since I can't possibly see University Place and the new JW being in the same star category.

samgeez

still the same with this link.
Old habits never die!
Upon further investigation...I clicked "reviews" and it told me the hotel is University Place Hotel & Conference Ctr Indianapolis.
This is not an opaque hotel. If you just click continue will you see that this hotel is the University Place Hotel. But i'm not sure i understand what you're asking/talking about here?

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Upon further investigation...I clicked "reviews" and it told me the hotel is University Place Hotel & Conference Ctr Indianapolis. Seems like that defeats the purpose of getting a low price for not knowing what you will be staying.
If you re-run your HOTWIRE and view this listing again you'll see a message indicating that HOTWIRE does not have any 'hot rate' (their 'opaque' offerings) available in this zone at the 4* level so they show you something from their sister company, Hotels.com
This adds to my confusion about the star ranking in the city now since I can't possibly see University Place and the new JW being in the same star category.
As we have never seen the JW Marriott reported to the board in this zone, there is no telling if HOTWIRE would rate this property 4* or assign it a higher rating of 4.5* or 5*... it may be rated the same as the University Place, but i don't think you can necessarily make the assumption that it would be.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and how we can be of further help. If you decide to go a different route please remember to 'close' this thread with whatever you decide to do for this stay (and check our support page for your hotel direct bookings)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]