Can use some help

am willing to pay between 140 and 160 max for a 4* hotel

in a good area for our first visit to NYC

tried MTW 110 went up to 140 ( added free zones ) no luck

closed

tried again TS went up to 150 ( added free zones ) no luck

closed

tried ESP went up to 160 ( added free zones ) no luck

am I doing something wrong or is the price not high enough ?

thank you all for your kind advice and time

goodnight

Frie

I AM SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH MISTAKES BUT IT IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE

I'm confused between the bidding you posted that you did in your other thread and the bidding you say you have done above...

In the topic title you indicate that MTE, MTW, TS, CPS and ESB are all acceptable, but in your post above you only indicate having bid MTW, TS and ESB up to $160... have you also included MTE and CPS in your most recent bidding?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know I make it very very difficult

yes I did include MTE and CPS

so all zones ok for us are TS 120 / MTW 125 / MTE 130 / CPS 135 / HK 140 / ESB and added some free zones went up to 160

I need to type sometimes in a hurry ( before leaving for work ) but it is no excuse I need to make it very clear

I wll follow ever advise I can get to get a 4* room and am willing to pay 140 would consider go up to 160 ( without taxes )

am not sure which the top area but as you explained me in a perevious thread MTW MTE is maybe the best location start seeing New York

again so sorry for my confused conversation

hope you could give me a good plan and I will stick to that plan and use the PRICELINE link through this site

thanks again for assisting me

have a great day

Frie

It's no problem... just trying to clarify what you've already done to make sure you don't overbid.

I don't necessarily favor MTE or MTW vs. other midtown zones. For the most part, at the 4* level (the answer differs if looking at 3.5* or below) MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB all generally work quite well for the average visitor. You'll see that you'll be taking mass transit most places as the subway is the quickest, and cheapest, way to get around the city. With any of the above zones (again, at the 4* level) you can usually get to most other places in midtown in less than 10-15 minutes (often times much less)... areas outside of midtown are just as easy to get to, but may take a little longer simply because of distance. You'll be surprised just how compact, yet also geographically large, NYC actually is.

At $160 i think you're likely very close to a win (perhaps another $5-$10) but not sure if you want to increase your budget a little further or wait it out and hope for lower prices in the coming weeks (with the risk being that price could go even higher from here)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise for whatever route you'd like to take.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again,

NY seems so complicated for a person that lives in the country I have been reading ( when I have the time ) as much as I could and that is why I thought MTE and MTW were the best places to bid on but again I do understand now that I can include CPS TS and ESB as well ( I already included them on a try at that point I was willing to stay everywhere due to the mistake with my hb )

I am willing to go a little bit further would feel more comfortable if I had a hotel so I can start planning day by day.

I will keep with 4* and am willing to pay more ( 170 ) as long I have a decent hotel

suppose I start with MTE at 110 and add free zones should I include also MTW ( as a free zone ) or should I close and try again with MTW at 110 and add free zones close again and start again with for ex TS I hope I explain it correct what my doubts are

I know I have to wait 24 hours before I can place an offer again but should I increase the price after those 24 hours ?

My last try was yesterday ( just come back from work ) so I think I can rebid tonight or tomorrow

thank you again for your answer

good night from Belgium

Frie

Hi Frie,

If I might add, I think your price range for a 4* hotel in NYC is good enough.

You still have plenty of time since the trip is in April, so there's no reason to worry now.

Bid up to $160 and if it fails, do it again in a day or two.

Just like thereuare said, wait it out and hope for lower prices in the coming weeks. Yes, price could be higher but it could be lower too.

Please be patient, hotels readjust their priceline price all the time. Try and try again.

Good luck!

ended for today no luck

will try again on Sunday

this is what I did

ESB 110 added free zones until 135

CP 110 added free zones and ESB until 140

TS 110 added free zones and ESP AND CP until 145

MTW 120 added free zones and ESB CP TS until 160

MTE 120 added free zones and ESB CP TS until 165

no luck for me today

if you know a better option please please let me know

good night

Frie

I think you can improve upon your bidding strategy. Bidding as you have, let's say on Sunday two hotels release lower priced inventory, one in MTW at $160 and one in MTE at $125... your current bidding doesn't give you a chance to win the lower priced hotel in the MTE zone.

Assuming all 5 zones are acceptable and you've identified your FIVE re-bid zones at the 4* level, i would bid as follows:

Select 4* MTE, MTW, ESB...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS...

Select 4* CPS...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, ESB, TS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, ESB, CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, ESB, CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

(i went up to $170 but you can stop at whatever level you're comfortable with)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

could not sleep

wow

this is a great help, thank you so much

will try this as soon as I am alowed to do so

will be early Sunday

how can I ever thank you ?

this must work,

will keep you informed

have a nice day

again goodnight from Belgium

Frie

I want to thank you all for your help ( especially the bidding example which I used today )

because

our offer was just accepted for the Hotel Kitano and we are so happy with this Hotel

just what we needed, quiet but still a very good location.

This time no mistakes I put your answer with the bidding strategy on one side of the computer and used every time the PRICELINE link closed and did exactly how it was ( so well ) pointed out

the last link MTE MTW T ESB CPS and last price 170 was accepted

and I believe this is a very good price because it is a hotel that we really loved to have

so again THANK YOU SO MUCH for your time and help

hope one day I can return a favor

have a wonderful day

from Belgium

Frieda

Wished I could help you you can try it, why not BUT why not do as I did

and try for a lower price maybe it gets accepted

you never know which hotel you get

I am happy

but would also have been happy with a lower price on a 4* in aother area so .......

have a great day

wish you good luck

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]