Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) JW Marriott

BamaBound
By BamaBound,
in

I am looking at taking a trip to New Orleans from July 31, 2011 through August 7, 2011. On Hotwire I see a 4-star hote for $90 a night for two people with the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Any thoughts? I am guessing the Intercontinental or Sheraton based on previous posts, but wanted to get your input.

Thanks in advance!

BamaBound

• 2 months later...

I've decided against this particular set of dates and will instead be going with my event "conference hotel". With that being said, I am going to book a couple of pre-conference dates and wanted to see if you could help me with the following possibilities. Thanks a lot!

All are for checking in on Thursday, July 28 and out on Saturday, July 30, 2011 (two nights):

Downtown New Orleans Area Hotel - Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet = $84 per night

Convention Center and Arts District Area Hotel - Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities = $56 per night

French Quarter Area Hotel - Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry Facilities, High-Speed Internet = $60 per night

I definitely plan to book one of these, probably the Downtown one, but figured to check in and see what they might be. Thanks for all your help!

Oops, sorry about that! I clicked on the link; here are the star ratings (all of these are for 1 room with 2 people):

All are for checking in on Thursday, July 28 and out on Saturday, July 30, 2011 (two nights):

4* Downtown New Orleans Area Hotel - Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet = $81 per night - FOUR STARS

3* Convention Center and Arts District Area Hotel - Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities = $56 per night - THREE STARS

3* French Quarter Area Hotel - Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry Facilities, High-Speed Internet = $60 per night - THREE STARS

Best guess for each is as follows:

4* Downtown New Orleans Area Hotel

Does this property also show a Smoke Free icon? If so, best guess is the Sheraton.

3* Convention Center and Arts District Area Hotel

This is a match for the Hilton Garden Inn so that would be my best guess here.

3* French Quarter Area Hotel

Best guess here is the Holiday Inn New Orleans - French Quarter

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after all of this HOTWIRE sleuthing I decided to give it a go on PRICELINE instead. I put in a bid for a 4-star hotel for the nights of Thursday, July 28 and Friday, July 29 and had it accepted at $65 a night for the JW Marriott on Canal Street! It looks like a really nice hotel for an amazing price.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]