Hotwire - good strategy for saving money on car rental? Need advice

sweetps123
By sweetps123,
in

I am going to use Hotwire to book my car rental for a trip to Denver, CO dates 3/06-3/13/11. I kept looking at the rates for my exact dates, which were around $20/day ($213 total with fees) for a midsize vehicle. Then I saw that Hotwire had rates for around $10/day for Denver and clicked on that. It was showing deals for slightly different dates in March. I decided to try putting in for 3/05-3/13/11 to see what came up, and it is showing me 9.95/day for midsize and standard cars ($137 total with fees). Has anyone booked a day out on either end of their trip to get a much better rate? I read on Hotwire, that rentals are held for 24 hours after scheduled pick-up time (just in case your flight is delayed or something), so I could schedule it for late in the day the day March 5th, and then pick it up March 6th in the morning. Do you think this kind of thing is okay to do? It is such a huge savings! Thanks for the advice!

ps. Using HOTWIRE links on this website!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]