Priceline Hotel: When to Book

Snuffleupagus
By Snuffleupagus,
in

Ive read the FAQ page, but wanted to post this to the larger group. Are you seeing lower prices accepted when booking closer to the travel date? I'm traveling in about 2.5 weeks and debating raising my bids now or waiting until the final week. I'm booking in the Raleigh, NC area so I'm not worried about running out of hotel rooms...

Let's take festivals and conventions out of the equation.

There is no way to know for sure whether prices will rise/fall between now and your stay. There is also a likely floor that many properties will not discount below due to profit margins and other factors. If there is something going on - a local festival or convention - that will raise rates, especially in some smaller markets.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

What are the actual date(s) of your stay? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept and at what star rating... what do you consider a 'good deal' to be for a property meeting this criteria?

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are a number of ways to see if rates are high or low for a trip time. You can use a span of days in Expedia or the retail side of PRICELINE. They both list prices for individual days. You can also check individual days on HOTWIRE.

If the dates haven't passed yet, you could check those $37 wins you mention on their dates in HOTWIRE, versus your date.

Regarding late February, coming from MN I think the nice Durham weather represents a real break from winter. It is only 3 above here right now, and 47 above there. You might just be running into a bunch of escaping Minnesotans that didn't want to pay Florida rates.

Romelle

It has been my experience that with HW, choices sometimes disappear closer to the date of arrival. I tend to book more than two weeks out - often a month or more out, if I'm really interested in the listing.

With Priceline, you'd never know because you're not seeing anything upfront. But things have popped up with bids close to arrival that were rejected previously.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]