Priceline Hotel: 03/25/2011-03/28/2011 NYC

roth
By roth,
in

Hello All. I am looking for some advice on getting a great deal on a room in NYC.. I prefer Midtown West/East, Time Square, however I am very open to other areas as well. Any suggestions on how I should begin my bidding process or when? This is my first time in NY and I really would like a 4star hotel if possible.

Thank You,

Roth

Are you also willing to bid the ESB and/or CPS zone(s)? At the 4* level most of these typically work well and are centrally located for the average user.

Let us know if we can/should include these zones in a bidding strategy or not and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you also willing to bid the ESB and/or CPS zone(s)? At the 4* level most of these typically work well and are centrally located for the average user.

Let us know if we can/should include these zones in a bidding strategy or not and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yes I am willing to bid those zones as well.

Thank You

The downtown area is further towards the tip of Manhattan/Battery Park, extending up to the Soho area. This is a nice area and there are some sights in this area (Chinatown, Battery Park and many others), but also some areas that are more business-oriented (most notably, Wall Street). It's definitely not as touristy as Midtown where the majority of sights are located, but there are certainly things to see all across Manhattan.

There's plenty of public transit, but I do recommend trying to walk as much as possible throughout the city. NYC is an incredibly compelling city to walk through - there's just so many great neighborhoods, great little stores, all sorts of things to browse through.

I wouldn't recommend staying downtown if at all possible, but I would recommend a portion of your time to devote to checking out what the lower half of the city has to offer. It is a long walk from Midtown to downtown, but again, if the weather's nice and you're up for a good, long trek, one could definitely walk either one way and take public transit back or walk the round-trip. I walked the latter last time - from 50th down to Battery Park and then around past South St Seaport, past Chinatown up past Union Square and then up Park Ave to Grand Central. That is one long walk, but I found it highly enjoyable.

I think in this case it all depends on the weather - it could very well be still a little too cold in March to walk any great distance.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

As mentioned above, Midtown is more ideal for the average visitor... Downtown is do-able if the price is right and the savings are substantial enough, but i'm guessing that they won't be if you're able to win a 4* hotel in midtown within your $125 budget.

If you want to try bidding:

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS and ESB...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, ESB and CPS...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

unfortunately i was rejected for all bids up to $130 a night should i wait closer to my date, i even lowered my stars to 3.5 and nothing yet.

i noticed there is a 3.5 star on hotwire for $125 a night in midtown central however it doesnt state the name of location. is there a way to find that out.

Roth

Please provide the amenity icons showing with the listing and we would be happy to try to ID.

I would be reasonably persistent; I wouldn't wait until closer to your date, but would instead try once or twice a week if you want to try for a 4* within the $125 area to see if inventory opens up.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

i noticed there is a 3.5 star on hotwire for $125 a night in midtown central however it doesnt state the name of location. is there a way to find that out.
The amenities icon for the Hotwire 3.5 star Midtown East Hotel...

Please clarify... which zone/hotel are you considering and what are the amenities??

How high did you bid for a 3.5* via PRICELINE?

These amenities are common for NYC and the Roosevelt, Hilton Manhattan East and Doubletree Metropolitan have all been seen at the 3.5* level and with this amenity combination so any of these would seem likely for the HOTWIRE offer above.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]