Hotwire Hotel: Help Needed with Hotwire

hado
By hado,
in

I got the following reponse when looking for a Hotel in LA for 2 adults and 1 child.

The stay period is 5/21/2011 - 5/30/2011.

4* Los Angeles (Century City - Westwood)

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Recommended in 95%

of customer reviews

$128/per night

Based on the previous Topic by Bill_McNeill (yesterday) this Hotel sounds like the Palomar.

My only concern is that other online Travel booking sites tell me the Palomar cannot service my request during the dates above.

Could that be possible? Other website tell me I can't make a booking at the Palomar but I can via Hotwire.

Sounds a little odd to me.

Can somebody help please.

Thanks

Col

Whilst on the subject can anybody help with this Hotel which I found via the HOTWIRE link:-

Hollywood area hotel 4 star (****)

$167 per night for 2 adults and 1 child

Dates 5/21/2011 to 5/30/2011

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Recommended in 75%

of customer reviews

Thanks

I agree with AaronJB's guesses above.

I'm not sure what websites you're checking regarding the Palomar, but your dates are bookable at the Palomar website, which indicates there is availability.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info guys.

I just booked my first hotwire hotel using this site and HOTWIRE. Booked few nights in Vegas (Vdara 5*) before heading across to LA.

In regards to websites not accepting bookings for the Palomar include (redirected from Trip Advisor):-

Expedia.com.au -No rooms available for the selected dates: 21/05/2011 - 30/05/2011.

We're sorry, Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel is not available.

Venere.com - Check alternative properties or try other dates.

Hotels.com - Sorry, the Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel is not available for your travel dates. You may choose alternative travel dates OR select from the hotels below.

hotelclub.com - Unavailable

Weekend all.

Im still looking for a Hotel in LA.

Can somebody help with this one please.

Beverly Hills - West Hollywood

3 Stars

2 adults and 1 child

5/21/2011 - 5/30/2011

$131 per night.

Only has a 60% rating which is a little bit of a concern I assume.

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Thanks for your help.

Sorry guys I just found another Hotel.

Hope you an help.

Beverly Hills - West Hollywood area

$142 per night

2.5 stars

5/21/2011 - 5/30/2011

2 adults and 1 child

Complimentary Breakfast

Laundry Facilities

No customer rating at this stage.

Once again thanks.

Colin

hado

$142 per night, 2.5 stars, 5/21/2011 - 5/30/2011

My guess is that the Best Western Carlyle Inn is downgraded to 2.5*.

Sorry but i have no guess for the 3*. The amenities are common to many hotels in the area. So it's hard to make an educated guess for this.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for a 4 star Hotel around Hollywood for 05/21/2011 to 05/30/2011.

I need two beds as there will be two adults and one child travelling

Up until now nothing has come up which match this criteria.

However, today I searched Hotwire and accidently kept the search criteria at 2 adults (no children) with the dates mentioned above and found a 4 star Hotel in Hollywood which offers Bed Choice from $130 p/n. With two queen beds the rate increases to $161 p/n (I'm happy to pay this price).

This Hotel only appears if I keep the search criteria on Hotwire at two adults and no children. Surely a room with two double beds can easily accomodate two adults and 1 small child. Is this a fault with Hotwire or what's going on?

Can you also help me identify the Hotel in question please.

Hotel Info:-

Hollywood Area Hotel

Dates: 05/21/2011 - 05/30/2011

Stars: ****

Base Price: $130p/n

Bed Choice

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Rating Hotwire: We are still gathering reviews for this property

Rating Trip Advisor: 3.5 out of 5

Thanks

hado

$142 per night, 2.5 stars, 5/21/2011 - 5/30/2011

My guess is that the Best Western Carlyle Inn is downgraded to 2.5*.

Sorry but i have no guess for the 3*. The amenities are common to many hotels in the area. So it's hard to make an educated guess for this.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

Thanks for your help guys. Based on some advice from a friend I have decided to concentrate my efforts on a four start hotel in Hollywood.

If I can't find what I'm looking for via Hotwire I might just book directly with a Hotel. Once again thanks.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Hotwire Los Angeles thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we will look into the above.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Sorry I didn't realise my husband posted a similiar message already.

Anyway we are now focused on a 4 star hotel in the Hollywood area. I have closed the previously asked question.

Any help you can offer with this request is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

hado

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

4* Hollywood Area Hotel

Best guess would be Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel

If I can't find what I'm looking for via Hotwire I might just book directly with a Hotel. Once again thanks.

Please check and use our links (if possible) in the support page for your hotel direct purchases.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes.

Yellowdog.

hado

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

4* Hollywood Area Hotel

Best guess would be Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel

Please check and use our links (if possible) in the support page for your hotel direct purchases.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes.

Yellowdog.

Thanks for the info Yellowdog and I'm happy to keep all posts in the same topic.

I'm still confussed about the "Bed Choice" option which appears on some Hotels on Hotwire.

If I search for 2 adults I have the option to selecting two queen beds at a four star hotel in the Hollywood area.

However, if I search for 2 adults and 1 child the hotel does not appear.

Should I just book this room anyway and turn up with two adults and 1 child.

Thanks.

My guess is that the bed choice is offered as an "upsell" when searching for two, as otherwise the likely result for searching for two is one bed. If you are searching for more than 2 (which is usually more expensive on HOTWIRE), the service ensures some sort of bedding (which could be 2 beds, 1 + sofabed or other combination) for the entire party.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 1 month later...

Morning all.

My holiday got placed on hold due to work.

Anyway the dates have changed and I have been looking at Hotwire once again.

Can anybody offer assistance on the Hotel below?

I have checked the full listing of hotels on this site but no luck with the amenities listed on Hotwire.

My new search details are:-

Dates:- 05/11/2011 to 05/19/2011

Two Adults and one child

Hotel of interest:-

4.5-star hotel in Beverly Hills - West Hollywood

$256 P/N , 100% Hotwire User satisfaction (this may help iidentify hotel) and 4.5 on TripAdvisor.

Amenities:-

Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s) and Restaurant(s)

The Hotel is a bit pricey but you only live once and maybe I have left my run a little too late for a super special hotel in LA.

Thanks for your help

Colin

A property with this amenity combination has not yet been reported to the board, but my guess is that this is the London West Hollywood with the addition of a new Complimentary Breakfast icon.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

letuskonw

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]