hawaii is the new crack
By hawaii is the new crack,
in

Aloha,

Grateful Newbie here :o ,

Using the HOTWIRE link from this site, I searched & found a hotel:

April 12-21, 2 Adults

4* Resort, Beachfron, NS, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry, Internet, CAP $184

At first I thought it was the Sheraton Waikiki (VERY desireable...INFINITY POOOOOL! :) ), but I'm a little gun-shy because the price is A LOT steeper that other prices I've seen on HOTWIRE for this property (It's D#mn near their direct-book prepaid price). The other think that made me pause is the remark "We are still gathering reviews for this property". I'm pretty sure they have reviews for the SW. Does this make it the Moana :) 'cause I always thought that the Pink Lady (Royal Hawaiian, the other Beachfront option) was considered 5*. Anyone else on the beach that's a resort AND charges a resort fee?

Looking forward to indulging the best addiction on the planet, & would love to be a liiiiittle more sure of the cat that's in the bag.

once again:

EVERYONE HERE IS AWESOME!!!! Thank you for all your time.

Mahalo,

crackie

HITNC

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board. It could be the Sheraton with a new amenity set, but these amenities could be found as most 4* hotels in this zone, so it could just as easily be some other property.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your answer.

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board. It could be the Sheraton with a new amenity set, but these amenities could be found as most 4* hotels in this zone, so it could just as easily be some other property.
With the "beachfront" icon would it be limited to the Moana, Sheraton, & HHV? Does Hotwire ever do "class upgrades"? (i.e. choose a 4-star & get bumped up to a resort or 5-star) I guess in that case then the Royal Hawaiian & (gasp) the Halekulani are in the mix too. WOW this is so exciting. :D Sorry one more question: Have the "Outriggers" ever been reported as "Resorts"? :) Are there any hotels I'm missing in this zone? :)
Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.
What a great suggestion!
Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.
of COURSE....
Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.
Your insights on my icon questions above would be so greatly appreaciated...& please accept my gratitude for creating a invaluable community & the support you give all of us for the asking.

I will update as soon as I decide on a plan of attack. :)

Mahalo nui loa,

HITNC

P.S. I will use the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin my purchases AND searches. :o

Hotels are constantly upgraded/downgrade based upon feedback HOTWIRE gets from users. However, HOTWIRE doesn't use "Resort" as a star class rating like PRICELINE does, but rather uses it as an amenity icon to try to more accurately describe the property. You can see all hotels reported to the board via HOTWIRE in the Hotwire Hotel List... but keep in mind that that just like star ratings, the amenity icons can change too, so everything in the hotel list is 'as of last report' to the board.

Always glad to hear when others are finding the board useful :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your help and insight. After much contemplation I found the margin for "error" (as in getting a hotel that I didn't like (HHV) or didn't account for :) ) was far to great. I decided NOT to book this stay as offered & intend to either wait for a hotel that's a little easier to identify.

Once again I will add all your tips to my "hotwire wisdom".

With much gratitude,

HITNC

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]