Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Courtyard Northwest

Tinkerbellewings
By Tinkerbellewings,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Rates do vary from day-to-day and year/over/year with PRICELINE, so the same rates may not be available (and there is no way to know if a particular hotel has discount rate inventory for a particular set of dates, nor is there a way to specify a particular property.) What would be your desired max budget per night, and which zones would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

...with zones being White House area of Capitol Hill area.

Not sure which zone(s) you're referring to... are you willing to accept White House-Downtown AND Convention Center-Capitol Hill... or just one of these??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based upon current rates i'm doubtful you'll be successful for a 3.5* or higher for these dates... what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based upon current rates i'm doubtful you'll be successful for a 3.5* or higher for these dates... what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Conventional prices give me $200 plus a night. I'll check other posts around here and take a stab at it. Thanks for your help.

Rates in DC can vary greatly from day-to-day depending upon what is happening in town (government meetings, rallies, demonstrations, conventions... or nothing at all). With conventional rates at $200+ your $90 is less than half price, which while possible, does not give a high probability of success. (i'm assuming direct rates were less last year when you won at under $100/nite)

Do you want a strategy to bid up to $90? If that fails, what would be your gameplan moving forward?

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* White House...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Capitol Hill...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* White House and Capitol Hill...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I think I understand now but would like to know if I'm correct. Following your advice I would be making the following bids:

Select 3.5* White House...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone... DC Suburbs-Northeast Area Bid $70,

if rejected add re-bid zone... Georgetown North Bid $75,

if rejected add re-bid zone... Mount Vernon Bid $80,

if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Capitol Hill...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone... DC Suburbs-Northeast Area Bid $70,

if rejected add re-bid zone... Georgetown North Bid $75,

if rejected add re-bid zone... Mount Vernon Bid $80,

if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* White House and Capitol Hill...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone... DC Suburbs-Northeast Area Bid $85,

if rejected add re-bid zone... Georgetown North Bid $88,

if rejected add re-bid zone... Mount Vernon Bid $90

I hope this is correct! If it is, please let me know. I will use the links from here to do my bidding. If I succeed I'll definitly let everyone know!

• 3 weeks later...

I originally wanted to stay 5/20/-5/24in the White House/Capitol Hill area but I kept getting denied. I changed the dates to June 3-6 and added Dupont Circle as another zone and was accepted at $89 a night for 3 nights for a total of $317.43. I tried to extend my stay by clicking on the provided link but was denied. A bit disapointed but atleast I finally got travel dates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]