Priceline Hotel: 4* St Petersburg-Clearwater (Pete Beach-Treasure Island) Tradewinds IG

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I am attending a conference hosted at Tradewinds Island Resort, St. Petersburg, FL between 2/10 - 2/13.

I am willing to try a minimum of 3* hotel at a cost of about $80 - $100 per night (The cost for a standard room is $160 / night).

I noticed there are 4 rebid zones (#s: 1, 6, 8, 9) for the St. Petersburg - Clearwater (St. Petersburg Beach - Treasure Island) area.

What would be the best bidding strategy to get a hotel as close as possible to the Tradewinds Island Resort (of course, it would be ideal to land the conference hotel itself, but i know it is a chance with name your price deals).

Thanks very much for your help -- rgds, Noela

Actually, Palm Harbor-Tarpon Springs is NOT a re-bid zone. While there are no 3* hotels in this zone, there ARE Resort class properties. The star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, and a 3* bid could be upgraded to a higher (Resort) rated property.

I'm assuming you don't want a hotel in the Palm Harbor-Tarpon Springs zone?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare & Others,

please ignore my previous reply, and stick with this one: - I decided to increase my star rating to 4* minimum, instead of 3

Thanks very much for your input. Yes, I do NOT want a hotel in the Palm Harbor-Tapon Spring zone. I am willing to accept at the minimum any of the 4* hotel in the St. Petersburg - Clearwater (St. Petersburg Beach - Treasure Island) area.

At the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones (Palm Harbor - Tarpon Springs is still NOT one of them)... feel free to confirm your re-bid zones if you're unsure.

Select 4* St Pete Beach-Treasure Island...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare, thanks very much for the bid strategy. I went through it all, but none of them was accepted.

The zones i excluded (ie, not rebid were: Clearwater-St. PeteNorth, because it has a 4* , and the PalmHarbor-TarponSprings - because it has resorts).

I guess I will have to wait for 24hrs and try again. Would it be possible to try a 3* with the hope that it get upgraded to 4*?

thanks - Noela

Thanks for your replies:

Given that 4* has failed, I will like try a strategy for 3.5*

Here are the rebid zones for that strategy:

1. Belair

2. Clairwater-St.Pete North

4. Clearwater NE

5. Dunedin

6. Largeo

9. Northeast

Please, let me know if I am mistaken... rgds, Noela

Noela,

I'm just a member, but did check your list for you. The numbers are OK, but the description of #9 reads "South St. Petersburg" on Priceline. When you go to bid, the numbers don't show, just the zone names. So thought I'd point this out to save a little confusion.

Romelle

Would it be possible to try a 3* with the hope that it get upgraded to 4*?
Assuming you're keeping your maximum bid at the same price, it wouldn't be likely that you were just rejected at the 4* level and then almost immediately thereafter think that your 3* bid (or 3.5* bid) would be upgraded to a 4* hotel. As well, if you were intending to increase your price, you would risk overbidding for a 3* (or 3.5*) property.

If you're looking to now try for a 3.5* property, did you want to use the same $100 maximum bid?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hello all:

I tried my bidding today again for a 4* St Petersburg-Clearwater (Pete Beach-Treasure Island) Tradewinds Island Grand

-- started with $95, with $3 increments to about $100: I was then offered an increase of $25 which I rejected

-- continued until my bid of $110 was accepted.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $110.00

Subtotal: $330.00

Taxes & Fees: $052.95

Total Charges*: $382.95

Of course, I used the PRICELINE link here.

Thanks for all your support and input.

rgds, Noela

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]