flight bidding msp to den

dragoonbot
By dragoonbot,
in

hey everyone, thanks for looking

I have used the bidding process before

My question today is which flights are decided by the price line bidding system. For example, last time I bid , I got a flight to Atlanta but it left at 6:50am while my friend got a flight leaving at 8:30am.

My second questions is, what are the chances I could get a specific flight time. To be specific, I am flying to Denver in a couple of weeks. after looking at the various flights available, there are planes leaving the whole day from msp to den. I have a friend who would like to come but cant fly out until after 7pm, and there are a couple of flights leaving after seven. So I was just wondering what are my chances of getting a night flight?

My plan is to check daily at what flights are still available and hope the morning flights fill up to increase my chances of night flights.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unless you're able to fly anytime between the given timeframe that PRICELINE states your plane will depart, it's not a good scenario to bid for airline tickets. The discounted price is in exchange for being flexible in the time of your departures/arrivals... you can't pick a certain part of the day for your departure.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You could receive any scheduled flight, so:

Your Chances = (number of lights after 7pm) / (total number of fights throughout the day)

I suspect there are more flights leaving pre-7pm then post-7pm which would be put your chances at less than 50-50. But even if you had a situation where the odds were 80% or better in your favor, would you still be willing to risk the entire cost of an airline ticket 1 in 5 times??

If you plan on bidding for your own ticket, what are your date(s) of travel is your maximum bid for this flight? What is the cost of a conventionally booked ticket? (as well as the breakdown of base fare and taxes/fees)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]