Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Cambridge-Brookline) Doubletree Suites

njg
By njg,
in

This is the first time I have posted, but I have benefited from reading this site many times...Thank you! I think I was assigned to a property by Priceline that is not on your list & I thought you'd like to know.

The property is

Doubletree Guest Suites Boston

Cambridge - Brookline

400 Soldiers Field Road

Boston, Massachusetts 02134

617-783-0090

I began by bidding $60.00 for 4 * hotels in the Copley area--rejected

added downtown & bid $70.00--rejected

added Cambridge & bid $80.00--rejected

addedSouth Boston for free rebid @ $ 90.00--rejected

added 3* and bid $70.00--accepted....made me wonder if I should've gone lower, but I am happy with the property. From the web-site I learned that although they say they are "all suites" they, in fact, have some standard king rooms. I still think I got a good price, especially for a 3 night stay with Saturday check-in. Thanks again for all the help & direction you give!

Your Offer Price: $70.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $210.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$36.34

Total Charges: $246.34

If you lower your star level, you should always start a new bid rather than continuing a previous bid. This way you get what you want and you won't end up overbidding on a zone. When raising your bid, you want to select an area that does not have the level you want, so it can be used as a free re-bid. If unsuccessful, do the same strategy with another acceptable region (Downtown or Cambridge).

From previous posts, a 3* in Cambridge can go for $50 on PL, but your bid still is more than half off of their net direct price.

Thank you for sharing your win with the rest of the board and adding this hotel to our lists.

We would encourage you to post all of your winning bids, even if the hotel has already been reported, as it adds additional datapoints to assist in developing bidding strategies and also gives an idea of how frequently different hotels are won.

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the feedback. To start a new bid do you just log off of priceline & then log back on? Does the priceline computer let you do it because it is a different star level?

I didn't report my bids in the past because I was not registered and was being lazy, I guess. I do have some bids from last summer & fall which I could post if you think they would still be helpful...

Thanks again for your service. I think the atmosphere here is much more welcoming & positive that at TOBB.

Yes, just close your browser window and open a new priceline window. Then start bidding again at the lower level. This would prevent you from bidding on 3 or 4 zones then lowering your star level causing you to be bidding on all of the zones instead of the one you want. It also gives you rebidding opportunities, unlike just lowering the star level on the 'first' bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]