Priceline Hotel: 3* Honolulu (Waikiki South) Radisson Prince Kuhio

sacl1798
By sacl1798,
in

I bid hoping to get the three-star Radission Prince Kuhio for four nights from Wednesday July 6th through Sunday July 10th on Waikiki.

I checked the packages first and it was $526 at the Prince Kuhio for one person flying from Kona for the four nights and $688 for two people flying from Kona, from which I figured the airfare was $162 per person. So subtracting that amount and dividing by four, the "hotel price" for the Kuhio was $91 per night. The single person package price for the Park Shore was $642 (meaning a "hotel price" of $120 per night) and all other potential three stars in the Waikiki North and South zones were higher than that. This $29 per night spread between the Prince Kuhio and the Park Shore left me confident of being able to get the Prince Kuhio without the Park Shore (or some other hotel) popping up instead.

--I started by bidding the Waikiki South zone for a three-star at $67 and was rejected.

--I then added my free rebid of the Airport zone at $72 and was rejected.

--I then added the Waikiki North zone at $77 and was rejected.

--I then figured adding the Ilihani zone was a safe move and bid $80 and the bid was accepted at the Radisson Prince Kuhio.

Getting this hotel for $80 a night during July 4th week is a great deal and reading all the helpful advice on this site allowed me to get the best price possible.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Good job sacl1798, you played it like a pro. Nice to see that perhaps the packages feature is again providing a reasonable glimpse of availability and pricing.

I am a little concerned that the price of a Waikiki 3 star may be up to 80 bucks for summer travel. We just got them for about 60 bucks for Easter week. While the Radisson may be "worth" $80, I'd hate to see others get a lesser property for that money.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid and history with the rest of us.

Rates are up for these dates so it stands to reason that priceline rates may be up as well... we'll have to keep an eye on this area and see if rates continue to remain higher than we have recently seen.

Enjoy your trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]