Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Marriott

Jimmy2Shoes
By Jimmy2Shoes,
in

Bid on a 4* French Quarter Hotel for 3/11/ - 3/13. Started out at $65, and continued re-bidding until $90. No luck. Will try again tomorrow. Hotwire is showing 4* French Quarter hotels at $185, so I'm probably going to have to go higher. Not sure what's going on that weekend to make things so expensive. Will post back with tomorrow's bids.

With your quoted rate at the Omni in the mid-$200's i'm guessing at the moment you'll need to go somewhat higher than your current $90 bid... but something closer to the $150 area might be enough.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure what's going on that weekend to make things so expensive. Will post back with tomorrow's bids.

St. Patrick's day parades all over the city. Hotels generally don't have a hard time booking for this weekend. I'd be surprised if any hotels put up rooms early on Priceline at a decent price. Did you include Downtown in your requests? I actually prefer it to French Quarter. Closer to better restaurants, and just outside of the hustle and bustle of the Quarter but only a short distance to it.

Thereuare is probably about right....~$150 in the FQ. I'd get the points if I was going to pay that much though.

If you book at rack rates and are interested in the Omni you should check out the Omni Royal Crescent. It's two blocks off of Bourbon and I always get great service there and it's generally a good bit cheaper than the FQ location.

ETA: All the 3.5 stars in Downtown are nice/clean hotels in a good location. I don't see much difference in most of the 3.5 and 4 stars.

Tried again today. Bid on both 4* and 3.5* properties in the French Quarter. Max bid on 4* got up to $162 with re-bids. Max bid on 3.5* got up to $102 with re-bids. Still no luck. Not sure what we're going to do from here. Thanks for all the help.

I gave up on the French Quarter and started bidding downtown. I won the Intercontinental (4*) with a bid of 85.00 for March 10-14.

Tried again today. Bid on both 4* and 3.5* properties in the French Quarter. Max bid on 4* got up to $162 with re-bids. Max bid on 3.5* got up to $102 with re-bids. Still no luck. Not sure what we're going to do from here. Thanks for all the help.

Do you have any interest in the downtown zone? What would be your desired max bid for the FQ?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Do you have any interest in the downtown zone? What would be your desired max bid for the FQ?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

We are considering Downtown, but prefer the FQ hotels due to their proximity to what we like to do the most. We've pretty much maxed out our max bid for a 4*, which was $160. We may try the 3.5*, although we haven't made up our mind. We are also considering coming 2 weeks later, although the rates don't seem to vary much.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]