Hotwire Hotel: 02/11-02/14 NMA 4* need help identifying

tpham
By tpham,
in

Hey guys I need help booking a hotel for the weekend of 2/11-2/14. I think I've gotten the hang of identifying the hotels but I think there may be some updated onces that are causing confusion.

4* Chicago Loop Area $81

Amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, Restuarant, Business Center, and High Speed Internet

4 out of 5 on Trip Advisor

I use the Hotel list and came to the conclusion that this is the Palmer house Hilton due to the fact that is is the only with the same rating and has a pool. If so, this seems like a pretty good deal!

4* North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast Area $83

Fitness Center, Pool, Restuarant, Business Center, High-speed, and Spa

4 out of 5 on Trip Advisor

I used the pool amenities to narrowed them down to either the Avenue, Omni, or the W. The Spa option steers me towards the W. Am I right?

Both options seems like realy good deals considering the rooms are $150+ on their site. Do you guys have any other options I should look into? Or any other suggestions for a couple spending Valentines in the city? Thanks ahead for all the help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The 4* Loop would likely be the Palmer, while the 4* NMA would likely be the W.

However, I'd suggest going in an entirely different direction - Expedia has a fantastic price for the newer Kimpton property (it opened last Spring) the Palomar - the 4* hotel is $87.20 on sale, and coupon FROST11 takes $10 off - $77.20 per night.

Great reviews (#3 on tripadvisor in Chicago), wine reception and awesome location in River North, which has a good deal of nightlife and restaurants and is very convenient to transit and Michigan Ave.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The 4* Loop would likely be the Palmer, while the 4* NMA would likely be the W.

However, I'd suggest going in an entirely different direction - Expedia has a fantastic price for the newer Kimpton property (it opened last Spring) the Palomar - the 4* hotel is $87.20 on sale, and coupon FROST11 takes $10 off - $77.20 per night.

Great reviews (#3 on tripadvisor in Chicago), wine reception and awesome location in River North, which has a good deal of nightlife and restaurants and is very convenient to transit and Michigan Ave.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the advice. I checked out the Palomar. for the $77.20 AC price, they only offer 2 double beds or 2 queen beds. I am looking for a King with good amenities. Its either sold out or not available for this weekend. The regular price is $109... The Hotwire price of $83 for the W (regular price of $160) seems to be a better deal. Please advise me the best route. Thanks again for your help!

After much contemplation and the big #3 glaring at me on Trip Advisor, I decided to go for the Palomar. Although the Expedia site didnt show the King Deluxe as an option, I was able to call in and have them book it for me. She said I would purchase the Queen Queen for the price ofr $87.50 but she noted that the room will be a King Deluxe for the same price. I was able to apply the coupon for a total price of $267.94 after taxes for 3 nights. Thank you for much for the help and advice, I hope she'll like the room!

I enjoyed the W, but it's understandably not everyone's cup of tea. Additionally, the W is a bit of a walk to Michigan Ave and in the middle of February, trying to walk from/to that hotel with the wind coming right off the lake (and the W is right across from the lake) will more than likely lead to some very cold moments.

The Palomar is much better located, right in the middle of the River North area - tons of restaurants of all kinds right nearby, such as Frontera Grill and many others. Plus, a red line subway stop is right there. Michigan Ave is a a few short blocks East.

From a discount perspective, the W was good, but I think if this is a Valentine's Day getaway, the Palomar was the better option from a hotel perspective.

Enjoy your stay.

I'm not seeing the 87.20 special for the Palomar on Expedia. It still shows $135 after I do the search for 2/11-2/13. Am I missing something?

Rates do vary depending on the dates. Please do use the site's Expedia link to start your purchases and searches, and please do use the FROST11 coupon. If you need help with a Chicago stay, please start a new thread and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]