Hotwire Hotel: Cancun North Zone 4 l/2 * hotel ID

annie b
By annie b,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Please have a look at HOTWIRE. It's good indication for the current rates. You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I am not a moderator, just a guest (here working on my own trip and contribute when I can)... but IF they tell you it's GR solaris I have stayed there and it's around 200$ a night is a good price. GR solaris is a little far south but really its 5 min extra on the bus is all.

I just had bkfst buffet which was average, and went out for dinner every night (too many good spots in cun to eat AI dinners) so I cant comment on the dinner food @ hotel. Snacks by the pool were avg to good, about what you'd expect for ~100$us per person per day. Drinks were avg, service was good to very good. Rooms were what you would expect. The entertainment by the pool was funny. More adult than for kids, drinking contests..etc

Anyone had luck bidding on HOtwire 4 star all inclusive south zone properties.

I can book directly Grand Solaris for $204 myself, that is considered 4 star on combo package thru Hotwire.

If Fiesta Americana Condesa or ME would be better deal at Hotwire price of $239. There were 1 other that showed 4 star,Grand Caribe Park Royal. I

am concerned I would get GR Solaris, been there before, it was o,k. but would ideally like Fiesta Americana or Gran Melia with is all inclusive now too.

Any help from anyone. Plan to go mid March.

annie b

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay. We will edit and move your thread in the end

If you need any help with hotel ID so please list the amenties HOTWIRE associates with the hotel you're looking at and we'll have a look at this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

• 2 weeks later...

Never used that site, i was going to at one point but the reviews are a little dicey. Google 'bookit.com reviews' and check it out.

If somehow you find out it's the ME by melia that is on HOTWIRE I think thats the best hotel in cancun that ive stayed in (which is like 15-20 all 3.5 to 4.5 stars).

But I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I would not recommend ME for kids, families, old people, walmart people.

It's more modern, trendy, i've seen models, UFC fighters, 'B' celeberties there, etc.. a lot of good looking people 25 - low 40's I'd say.. many countries represneted especially south american..perfect Location, adult pool with DJ, bottle service, private beach area to keep annoying vendors out, great food (and i NEVER like hotel food)

FWIW I never heard anyhting good or bad about Grand Caribe Park Royal, reviews seem generally positive since I researched it for my own trips. Fiesta americana seems well thought of as well but I never stayed there.

I did Google Bookit.com. Reviews were pretty scary. They advertise cheap rates but don't know if I am willing to take a chance with language barrier and all. I have had issues in spite of having written confirmation in hand of all reservation details with couple places in past. They will lie to you or play dumb when you try to resolve problem with billing,rooms, etc.

I have stayed at Riu Palace Las Americas, Riu Caribe, Omni (all-inclusive), Moon Palace. Also have stayed at Gran Melia, Solymar(Horrible on lst visit to Mexico),Hilton,Fiesta Americana Condesa, non were all inclusive when I stayed there.

I only have to pick up 4 nights, staying at Hilton with honor points for part of stay.

I am hesitant to bid HOTWIRE 4 star, PRICELINE does not give you all inclusive above a 3 star rating, that it too scary in Mexico I think. Seems like Grand Solaris, or Park Royal would be choice on HOTWIRE. Tripadvisor.com reviews last few are horrible with food complaints and paper thin walls issue on Grand Solaris. I do know someone who stayed there but opted for double panoramic view at $335/night so they had a fantastic view and room with double slider doors.

I do not want a bunch of noisy kids or college age clientele antics too be around for relaxation. Entertainment at the hotels is usually so-so, not at all up to cruise ship quality standards. Not sure what I want to do.

Am looking to bid for March 14-18,2011.
I do not want a bunch of noisy kids or college age clientele antics too be around for relaxation.

Your stay occurs right in the middle of Spring Break, so unless you're going to stay well outside of the hotel zone (like the Riviera Maya) it may be difficult to avoid the college rowdiness.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Amenities on HOTWIRE.com for 4 l/2 star, north zone include:

All inclusive, food and drinks

Resort

Beachfront

Prem. Bev. included

A La Carte Dining(may be extra charge)

Evening Entertaiment, Theme Nights

Daily Activities

Any help what this may be for around $262/night with all charges.

Do they ever use Palace resort properties with Hotwire? It seems that possibly would be Dreams but that is not actually north zone on map. Park Royal and ME are rated 4 star in that area it seems.

Any help would be helpful.

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

I am wondering if anyone has booked thru Hotwire.com for North Zone, All Inclusive, 4 1/2 star properties. Still the same dates, March 14-18,2011.

I will try to list more amenities than above post. Price is now up to $272 a night. I tried to figure out which hotel is considered 4 l/2 star by putting in vacation package instead and it appears La Blanc and Live Aqua and The Royal were 4 l/2 star but don't know if Hotwire uses them????? They have very high rates it seems.

Amenities listed on HOTWIRE.com as 4 l/2 star ratings

Resort

Beachfront

Food and Beverages Included

Premium Beverage Included

A La Carte Dining

Evening Entertainment and Theme Nights

Daily Activities Included

Complimentary Breakfast

Child Activity Program

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High Speed Internet

Golf and Tennis Nearby

All Inclusive Dining

Fitness Center

Pools

The property above has not yet been reported to the board. It's been asked about a few times recently, but i don't believe anyone has purchased it yet.

However, i can comment that the hotel star ratings shown in the vacation packages when searching HOTWIRE are not necessarily the same as the star rating when appearing in HOTWIRE's 'opaque' product. The vacation packages are powered by Expedia and the hotels offered reflect Expedia's star rating for the property... not HOTWIRE's.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]