Pittsburgh to Naples

endital
By endital,
in

Starting to bid on airfare to Naples Italy from Pittsburgh round trip. Dates are very flexible. 8/3/11 - 8/17/11 are the perfered dates. 2 adults and 4 children. Total 6 tickets. The best price i've found is around $1,250.00 taxes and fees included. Being that I have a large family any savings will be great. I'm going to bid on Priceline. I was thinking of starting my bid at about 625.00 any suggestions would be appreciated.. Thank You.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Starting at about half price is usually a good starting place, but keep in mind that in the current environment deals on airfare can be far and few between. Also note that when traveling international many airlines offer discounts for children's tickets whereas PRICELINE treats every ticket as an adult fare, so make sure you know your 'all-in' price for all six of you and make sure that if your bid is accepted there will be savings vs. a conventional purchase.

See this thread (the second post in particular) on how to get an almost unlimited numbers of re-bids on airfare: Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding... so you can start at ~$650 and then go up gradually ($10-$25 per ticket) from there until you hit your maximum bid price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No Luck yet.... I've bid up to $900.00 and the best offer so far has been a 2% discount. It seems like other sites are giving child rates on the same flights as priceline but priceline does not. This is the best price so far:

Passenger Base Fare Taxes/Fees Total Fare

Adult $1,121.00 $95.49 $1,216.49

Child $937.00 $90.20 $1,027.20

Price Summary

3 Adults $3,363.00

3 Children $2,811.00

Taxes/Fees $557.07

Total Price $6,731.07

Do you think maybe its to early?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]