Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Sheraton Gateway

smu zta
By smu zta,
in

Wondering on some strategies for getting a 4* Hotel near LAX. I'd love the Renaissance, but am OK with any of the 4*'s listed on Priceline.

Here's what I've done so far:

Using the PRICELINE link in the upper right corner of this site, I put in the dates of 2/26 - 2/28 for Los Angeles.

Then, I clicked on 4* and LAX zone.

First bid $55 - denied

Added Hollywood zone and bid $57 - denied

Added Brentwood zone and bid $60 - denied

Added Beverly Hills zone and bid $65 - denied

Any ideas on how to get this property (or any of the other 4*'s near LAX) and how much it will cost? From my search, it appears some have gotten this property for between the prices I put in.

Thanks!

Terry

I don't think you're too far off, but which zone(s) do you really want?

Brentwood and Beverly Hills are not re-bid zones at the 4* level, and you do have 'bonafide' re-bid zones as the 4* level if the LAX zone is the one you really want.

Are you familiar with re-bidding and how to determine your re-bid zones? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for more info and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board... NOTE: you have THREE re-bid zones at the 4* level in this area)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would prefer the Renaissance LAX. I added the other zones one by one because I saw that the 4* hotels in those areas wouldn't probably go for the price of the ones in the LAX area. The 4*'s in those areas don't go for less than $115 or so. Thus, I knew adding those zones was fairly safe to let me rebid, but still get a hotel in the LAX area.

Tried again tonight and went up to $68 but didn't get it again. Will keep trying. It could be that I'm too far out for the dates I want and they aren't ready to sell them that cheap yet. Not sure.

Thanks!

I added the other zones one by one because I saw that the 4* hotels in those areas wouldn't probably go for the price of the ones in the LAX area. The 4*'s in those areas don't go for less than $115 or so. Thus, I knew adding those zones was fairly safe to let me rebid, but still get a hotel in the LAX area.

There are more than a few wins on the board where users thought they couldn't possibly win in the zone selected. I'd suggest giving Priceline Re-Bidding Explained a read and asking questions and/or confirming your re-bid zones... it's quite a bit safer than adding zones you 'know' you won't win in.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Using the PRICELINE link, I did the following:

Search LAX & Culver City area, $65 - refused (I was still in the 24 hour time period so, I had to add the Culver City zone)

add Lawndale at $68 - refused

add Redondo at $70 - accepted.

So, I got the Sheraton Gateway LAX for $70 a night from 2/26 - 2/28.

Thanks for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]