Priceline Hotel: SF March 3/5 - 3/6

swtpnayluck
By swtpnayluck,
in

I am looking for a 4* hotel in Union Square area for 3/5 - 3/6 but I've never used priceline before so I am looking for some tips. I don't know what price range to even begin bidding but so far I tried:

-Union Square East - $80, rejected

-Union Square East and West, $85, rejected

I really would like to be in that area. Should I wait the 24hrs and try again at a higher price? If so, what price? Or could I check off 3.5 Stars and try a higher price...will that possibly give me a 4 star?

Also, I noticed a list of priceline hotels based off of stars but it hasn't been updated since 2003. Is that still pretty accurate?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The hotel lists on the board are continually updated whenever new information is reported to the board... the date you're referencing is when the post was created (the board's inception) but it is constantly added to and updated.

What is the best deal you're able to find for a 4* hotel in either of these zones thru conventional booking channels? Based upon this amount, how much of a discount would you need to making purchasing an 'unknown' hotel worthwhile?

Also, you need to learn about re-bidding which is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Please read this and feel free to ask any questions you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. (HINT: at the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones... see if you can figure them out)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

We'll start with the above and then take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]